Coz Teaser shots...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's one of the good ones. All I've done to it is crop it a bit.

Other than the quarry dives (4 of them), this was my first warm water experience with the camera. I'm pleased with the good ones, but I've seen what this setup can do and I have a long way to go.

hawkfish.jpg

Ron, I head to Coz the week surrounding Jan. 10th (anniversary, so the wife & I get away from MN) Maybe we'll run into you there again.

The avatar was an outfit I had planned on wearing the first day there as I approached the dive boat...but forgot about it until I started packing to leave. It sure got alot of looks from people! :11: Some were worried it was real and I may have been their buddy.

John

Larry C:
Nice shots, Ron. The Grouper with the Green Moray is awesome. I love getting different breeds together like that. Can't go wrong with turtles either.

That dive was on Palancar Gardens, and was one of the most memorable dives I think I will ever do. After the swim throughs bam, here comes a free swimming adult moray (that dude was at LEAST 6' long) with a Tiger Grouper (not small either) buddied up with him. They hung around together for the entire time they were in view. Next we turn a corner, and run into a HUGE King crab, I hear more DM banging, and look down to see the turtle under the ledge. We go around another corner, and there is a Spiny lobster with an antennae span of 5', it was huge.

We got into the shallow reef area (boy I love multilevel profile dives where you do reef the entire time) and there were more turtles, huge Queen Angle and Trigger fish, and here comes our free swimming Green Moray eel again! It was magical.

I need to do a trip report, but I guess here is one dive, and one great dive at that.

muy bien!!!

Great photos. What camera did you use?

Ron you can dive with me anytime. There is a lot of topside technical stuff I could learn from you! Love the Moray and Grouper.

Jinjer:
Great photos. What camera did you use?

Thanks,

Nikon D200, Ike housing, Ike SS200 strobe, nikon 18-35mm, nikon 60mm macro.

I use the 12-24mm Tokina also, but these shots were done with the lenses listed above.

Very nice pics, Ron! I also like the shots of the free swimming eel and grouper. I've never seen them hang out together like that.

Isn't Palancar Gardens a wonderful site? I miss Coz!

I seem to remember reading recently.. that Grouper and Moray's often work together to hunt... Maybe it was a day dream.... but seeing your pictures of the two together reminded me of it.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom