Coz Teaser shots...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have not had time to process much of anything, but a few people have been asking to see some, so I posted a few basically out of Camera JPG's.

I have not even had time to look at everything yet.....

Moray_Grouper_001.jpg

SpottedEagleRay_resize.jpg

Moray_001.jpg

Flamino_tounge_001.jpg

CoralScape_001.jpg

Turtle_001.jpg

Moray_Grouper_002.jpg

Brown_Spotted_Eeel_001.jpg

Nice Pics Ron!!! I had a handfull turn out ok, the rest were about the quality of a throw-away camera. Dive & learn...that's what I need to do.

John

Nice pics!! I loved the eel and grouper together. I'm ready to pack my gear and go down to Cozumel right now. Unfortunately, my next trip isn't until the end of March so I'll have to look at the pictures to get me thru the next couple of months.

jjwdiver:
Nice Pics Ron!!! I had a handfull turn out ok, the rest were about the quality of a throw-away camera. Dive & learn...that's what I need to do.

John

Hey John,

I love your new avatar! I wish we could have dove together, maybe some date in the future. Yeah, UW photography is 1 part equipment, 2 parts skill, and 3 parts luck IMO.

I have a number of shots that I thought would turn out great only to find they are soft, or the composition is not what I was hoping for, or whatever.

There are a LOT of GREAT photographers here that can help you with technique, but the reality is it takes practice as well. Man if I could only dive/shoot a few days a month, I would not be so rusty for these trips!

Ironically all these shots were from two dives, and most from one.... that's what I mean by luck. These are likely some of the better ones I got, and they will improve a LOT when I process the raw files, and clean up backscatter. But sometimes it's just lucky where you happen to be when you see critters. We saw 8 spotted eagle rays on one dive, but we were doing our safety stop, and they were at maybe 50 feet, so I got nothing very good, well maybe a couple.....

Ron your pics are great right out of the camera.....I Need Saltwater

Nice shots, Ron. The Grouper with the Green Moray is awesome. I love getting different breeds together like that. Can't go wrong with turtles either.

CheddarChick:
Ron your pics are great right out of the camera.....I Need Saltwater

Thanks, I try! :D

I need to hang out with DiverDennis, and Mike V. I'm sure Mike V could teach me a thing or 10, and Dennis has a way of finding stuff that I think a lot of people miss!

I need saltwater as well. We have our eyes on Florida!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom