Coz Swim-Throughs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tex,

I will be in PDC from Aug 1st to the 13th. I am planning on diving a number of places in Coz, PDC and the cenotes. I will be staying at the Shangri-la Caribe. If you are interested in getting together, just leave a message for Maresman1. I am listed on their dive schedule. If I do not meet up, have a wonderful dive holiday. Please take plenty of pics to post :)

Dive smart, dive safe
Enjoy the ride
:mean:

Texasscuba once bubbled...
Thanks ggunn, that's the one my daughter and I are going for this year. And about the C-53, that was my first wreck dive and I loved it. Is anyone going to Cozumel the first of August?

OK, but be advised that the Devil's Throat dive at Punta Sur is considered to be an advanced dive. It's deep and enclosed, and once you start down the Throat, there's no way to abort. Some people go into deco at the end of it. Dive safe.

Thanks for the advice ggunn. I have over a 1000 dives since '79 and my daughter has over 50 since 2000. Although you have to always be carefull, I think she is ready. We dove 10 dives in Coz two years ago, but somehow missed doing Punta Sur. My main concern is who will be on the boat with us, are they ready. By the way I checked out your web page, nice.

:mgun:

Be careful-of the 7 divers who dove this site with me in Feb. three went into deco-all of them good divers this IS an advanced dive.Dive safe,and have a blast!!!!!!!!!

ASTA----

SCUBA STEVE:mean: :mean:

ggunn once bubbled...
the Devil's Throat dive at Punta Sur is considered to be an advanced dive. It's deep and enclosed, and once you start down the Throat, there's no way to abort. Some people go into deco at the end of it.
We did the enter at 100', up to 70', left turn at the cross shaped sponge and down to 120' route. Another group was coming up the tube from 120', and our group of 6 had to wait for what _seemed_ to be a dozen divers to swim by before continuing.
A few in our group went into deco for a while, but of course that cleared easily since it was just the fast compartments.

I still had a pretty good NDL margin since I was on EAN32.

This is a typical profile where a short dip to the ppO2 1.5ata range doesn't run up your CNS clock much because you spend so little time there.

Back
Top Bottom