Coz Saturday anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay... making a last minute, 3 nite trip to Cozumel this weekend and plan to do 3 tank dive on Sat. Any of my fellow Swampers want to buddy up? That's my only day to dive, so I want to make the most of it! Thanks, hope to hear from someone!

p.s. Nooooo we are not in our house yet. ETA 3 wks. Makes 1 year exactly in the Taj Majal on Wheels. :D We actually don't even care anymore if we move into the house... we just wanna move OUT of the TMoW. :wink:

Okay... making a last minute, 3 nite trip to Cozumel this weekend and plan to do 3 tank dive on Sat. Any of my fellow Swampers want to buddy up? That's my only day to dive, so I want to make the most of it! Thanks, hope to hear from someone!

p.s. Nooooo we are not in our house yet. ETA 3 wks. Makes 1 year exactly in the Taj Majal on Wheels. :D We actually don't even care anymore if we move into the house... we just wanna move OUT of the TMoW. :wink:

A little short notice for me. I hope your diving is just amazing and I look forward to your trip report when you get back to TEXAS. :D

Foo...... :rofl3:..... that is south from here to warm, clearish water's, with coral reefs and sponges, and little colorful fishies. Lazy drift diving and nice weather........ :mooner: Oh brother --- :wink: Wish you luck in getting a buddy!

Okay I'm outta here in a couple of hours- poor FooMan is left behind this trip. He has substituted his sister in his place in order to keep me in line, however. So it's all good. Too bad I couldn't find a trusted Swamper buddy, but I'll find one I'm happy with or stay with DM. Take care all, will report when I return.

Hey Foo, are you also booking your airfare last minute?

If so did you catch a last minute deal?

I've always wondered what kind of deals can be had, like same/next day booking...

Have fun, great trip, and safe diving!

Hey Foo, are you also booking your airfare last minute?

If so did you catch a last minute deal?

I've always wondered what kind of deals can be had, like same/next day booking...

Have fun, great trip, and safe diving!

Caught a great last minute deal, Zinc- way better than any of my sisters, who had booked early, through various methods. One had used Funjet online, one used a travel agent, and one booked through Worry-Free online. Three night trip, all inclusive with transfers, hotel & airfare for $460 through Funjet. It was specific dates, so you must be flexible to get those kind of deals. When I tried to add an additional day, the price more than doubled! They probably had a plane to fill on certain dates, so made a killer deal, and stayed at a nice resort (El Cozumeleno.) Check Priceline (they were cheapest last summer) also, but this summer Funjet has them all beat. Airfare only deals for like $249, etc.

Okay- might as well get this over with- I did not dive. Yep, I schlepped my gear all the way there, and only used fins, mask & snorkel. Here's the list of reasons:
1. Haven't dived in a year
2. FooMan is my usual buddy, and he wasn't there- none of my Swamper buddies were there, either
3. No one in our group dives & I have had bad luck with insta-buddies before.
4. I got stuffed-up head almost as soon as I arrived
5. Had sick stomach, was unable to eat or drink much for most of the weekend (FooMan had the same problem back in Texas- we must have contracted the same bug.)
6. Never felt a peace about going alone, and as soon as I canceled, I knew I had done the right thing.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but I know I did the right thing. I remember in my training, that if you don't feel right about diving, you should thumb the dive. I was never mad at myself for not going, I actually felt relief. So, I will enjoy myself with some nice dives at CSSP as soon as possible, and get my mojo back. :)

Uhg T-Foo!! I just saw this thread! I'm living down here (Coz) now and I would have loved to buddy up with you.. Keep me in mind the next time you are heading to Cozumel!

David

Daaaaavid are you serious!? You live there? Wow, when did this happen? Details, please! Are you ALONE or is "AmberEricaMyBFF" there? Sheesh, I do wish I had known, but I'm sure that's my own fault for being AWOL so long from SB. Glad to know for the future tho- will come back soon!

You made the right call Foo. If you doubt, don't.

'Course missing David in Coz does give something to think about :idk:

Thanks for the travel info, that's a good deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom