Coz on a budget: 2tank Dive Hostel? Best bang for buck dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary (gopbroek) on the left & Steve on the right.

View attachment 431044
K4HMer

28265442263_228113983e_b.jpg
What the heck is Steve doing in the winter coat.

It had obviously been a while since he was in Alaska. Myself, I carry plenty of extra insulation.

Both Steve & Jorge seem to need them that time of year. Not sure how many other months of the year they need them but every Feb they get inside them as quick as they can after a dive.

Snoweman: What did you decide on a hotel? There have been quite a few great suggestions that would yield a good bang for the peso. I would go with Mary Carmen just across from Colonial suites. Close to everything downtown. Second choice Suites Bahia followed by Colonial suites, then Vista del Mar.I know some guys that stayed at Hotel Plaza and they liked it, but price wise it is about the same as others I mentioned except for Casa. However I too have my wife to consider and she likes Casa Mexicana.

Snoweman: What did you decide on a hotel? There have been quite a few great suggestions that would yield a good bang for the peso. I would go with Mary Carmen just across from Colonial suites. Close to everything downtown. Second choice Suites Bahia followed by Colonial suites, then Vista del Mar.I know some guys that stayed at Hotel Plaza and they liked it, but price wise it is about the same as others I mentioned except for Casa. However I too have my wife to consider and she likes Casa Mexicana.

I plan on staying at Casa Mexicana. I am now trying to decide if I want a ocean view, or south facing room. It will be early June. I had read some bad things about a few of the city view rooms (dark, mostly). I really want to be sitting out on the balcony with a bottle of wine in the late afternoon times. The wife will be staying home this trip, but my dive buddy might join me. He will be in a separate room. I'm too old to share a room with only one bathroom. :wink:

Hello All,

I agree that great deals can be had for a budget trip to Cozumel. I've recently returned from an 8 day trip there and managed to stay under budget. My non-diving wife and I stayed at at the lovely and friendly Villas Las Anclas Homepage 3 - Hotel Villa Las Anclas on 5th Ave between 3rd and 5th street just a very short walk from the dive op I used Tres Pelecanios.

I am reviving this thread, as I too noticed the 2 Tank Dive Hostel. While I'm more than happy with Las Anclas / 3Ps I would still like to hear from anyone who has stayed with 2 Tank or more importantly dove with them.

Thank you,

Couv

Man, why anyone besides a starving student would stay at a hostel is beyond me

Man, why anyone besides a starving student would stay at a hostel is beyond me

True, but more to the point would be if the dive op was no good. Imagine a young couple, who saved up enough to go on a dive trip to Cozumel. If they are willing to stay in a hostel for about $100 per night with diving included (as advertised), that would be a good deal for them UNLESS the dive op was crap.

I'm hoping someone who has used the dive op can ring in on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom