Coz on a budget: 2tank Dive Hostel? Best bang for buck dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry - can you get in touch with me - trying to arrange a early december trip to Cozumel for diving.

drew.

Message sent, Drew. Thanks for contacting us!

Blue XT~Sea only requires 2 divers for afternoon dives and our average dive times are 60-70 minutes - 90% of our divers get these dive times.

Correct, 3P's policy is your tank to 700 PSI, your computer within NDL, or 70 minutes - whichever comes first that's when it's time to head up. I've never been on a dive with 3P's no matter how far we've stretched our time where a DM was not still in the water watching us from above to join for surfacing. That's freedom!

Though it's not frequently that I stretch a tank that long, 3Ps has never stopped me at 70 minutes. Steve even says on their page:

Extended bottom time is our goal for each diver. We do not limit dives to depth and time alone. We encourage each diver to dive his own profile using their computers to stay within the safe limits of the sport.
Fortunately here in Cozumel we can do exactly that. Our style of diving offers these parameters. We understand that not everyone uses air the same. Thus when a diver reaches 700 psi we ask them to buddy up and go to safety stop. When they complete their safety stop they can surface and the boat will pick them up. The rest of the group can continue their dive and surface as needed.
I'm sure there's some point where they say enough's enough time-wise, but I haven't gotten there :)

Though it's not frequently that I stretch a tank that long, 3Ps has never stopped me at 70 minutes. Steve even says on their page:

Extended bottom time is our goal for each diver. We do not limit dives to depth and time alone. We encourage each diver to dive his own profile using their computers to stay within the safe limits of the sport.
Fortunately here in Cozumel we can do exactly that. Our style of diving offers these parameters. We understand that not everyone uses air the same. Thus when a diver reaches 700 psi we ask them to buddy up and go to safety stop. When they complete their safety stop they can surface and the boat will pick them up. The rest of the group can continue their dive and surface as needed.
I'm sure there's some point where they say enough's enough time-wise, but I haven't gotten there :)

Last edited:
There have been times when we we have beat on the sides of the boat
to get Steve, Jorge, big Mike, or Jay back in the boat so we can
go back to the Caleta to get a cervaza after 75 minuets!

There have been times when we we have beat on the sides of the boat
to get Steve, Jorge, big Mike, or Jay back in the boat so we can
go back to the Caleta to get a cervaza after 75 minuets!
I had a dive computer go TU a couple years back and had to send it back to Oceanic. I checked the totals on it and with 280 dives with 3P the average time was 71 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom