Coz on a budget: 2tank Dive Hostel? Best bang for buck dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RT Air for the end of Sept NYC to Coz....$349.00 now that's a deal I'm going to push upon the wifey! Occidental, here we come.....again :)

True, but more to the point would be if the dive op was no good. Imagine a young couple, who saved up enough to go on a dive trip to Cozumel. If they are willing to stay in a hostel for about $100 per night with diving included (as advertised), that would be a good deal for them UNLESS the dive op was crap.

I'm hoping someone who has used the dive op can ring in on this.

I don't know much about the dive operation other than they do cater to the backpacking crowd and they do NOT own a boat. I got this information directly from the owner just last week during a discussion regarding requirements to join ANOAAT (the watersports association). They rent spaces on other boats, which means it's difficult to provide consistency because they are at the mercy of wherever they can find spots. Some days it's a small fast boat, some days it's a large boat with several other groups. May include downtown pick-up, may mean a taxi to the marina. Nothing set in stone. Just the facts, no opinion.

you get what you pay for, just make sure you have a good life insurance policy that covers diving. good luck

They rent spaces on other boats, which means it's difficult to provide consistency because they are at the mercy of wherever they can find spots. Some days it's a small fast boat, some days it's a large boat with several other groups.

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom