Coz Jan 9-14 anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnkysgrl

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I will be making our first trip to coz on January 9th and will be staying at Carib Blu. We are diving with Blue Angel, anyone else going to be there?
We don't know much about good restaraunts, and other things to do, anyone want to fill us in??
i have read the list of preferred dining locations by Christi, but don't know how many are open after Wilma?
Anyone up for a meeting while we are there??

Alicia
My husband and I will also be in Cozumel January 7th till the 14th and are staying at the Caribe Blu Hotel, and are diving with Blue Angel. We have visited Cozumel about 10 times, but don't know to much about the resturants. Always stuck to the same ones while we were there, but would like to try out some new ones. Will be looking for you on the 9th see you there. Can't wait to get back into the water. We are from Colorado so look for the people who are happy to have the sun in there face.:14: Gale & Debbie

bnkysgrl:
My husband and I will be making our first trip to coz on January 9th and will be staying at Carib Blu. We are diving with Blue Angel, anyone else going to be there?
We don't know much about good restaraunts, and other things to do, anyone want to fill us in??
i have read the list of preferred dining locations by Christi, but don't know how many are open after Wilma?
Anyone up for a meeting while we are there??

I need to update that list :) Below is a list of restaurants currently closed and the reopening date as I last knew it to be:

French Quarter - First couple of weeks of January
Especias - January 15
Mesa 17 - :( :( :( :( they will not be reopening this restaurant
Acquario - unknown

Those are the only ones form my list I can think of that are closed right now.

Have fun!

Is Johnny's up and running? He was a great host right after Wilma struck. I think we brought nearly a third of the folks staying at the Melia there for lunch on the Tuesday after the storm. He told us he'd just sunk his retirement $ into opening the place days before the hurricane.
Johnny's Gallo Blanco is at Calle A.R. Salas No. 299 esq. 15 Ave.

Christi:
I need to update that list :) Below is a list of restaurants currently closed and the reopening date as I last knew it to be:

French Quarter - First couple of weeks of January
Especias - January 15
Mesa 17 - :( :( :( :( they will not be reopening this restaurant
Acquario - unknown
Especias will be opening in a new location.

diveborg:
Especias will be opening in a new location.

Oh yeh...duh...thanks for adding that Bruce!! :) I think Sally figured out exactly where...so I'll let y'all know when we confirm it.

Gdog:
The wife and I will be in Coz Jan 7-14th, with another couple whom have never been. We are diving with Deep Blue, staying at Hotel Cozumel. Gettin really close now.....!!!!

Gdog: Me and 39 Toronto divers - watch out for the Canadians - will be your neighbours for your stay. We'll be the bleached white folks around the pool. We're diving with Aqua Safari

Christi: Are there any updates since your late November posting about reefs being open?

10 sleeps...cannot wait!

Ritchard

Ritchard:
Gdog: Me and 39 Toronto divers - watch out for the Canadians - will be your neighbours for your stay. We'll be the bleached white folks around the pool. We're diving with Aqua Safari

Christi: Are there any updates since your late November posting about reefs being open?

10 sleeps...cannot wait!

Ritchard

Hi Ritchard,

As of today, Yucab, Tormentos and Chankanaab (shallows) are still closed. Paradise is HIGHLY discouraged. To clarify, Chankanaab Bolones (the deeper section of Chankanaab) is open, but visibility is poor.

Night dives are only permitted on Paradise reef right now and are also highly discouraged. Dive operators are asked to be highly selective of who they take on night dives and the ratio is four divers to one divemaster for night dives.

I hope this helps :)

Have a blast and be safe!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom