Coz Hotels in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmcneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im looking for a hotel in Coz that has a good pool, good all inclusive food, and a beach. I have some how never been to Coz so we are trying to go in April. These things will keep my wife happy so I can dive. Thanks for any advice.

Take a look at the Occidental Grand. Only down side is it is quite a ways south so you probably won't want to make more than 1 trip into town (if that).

Try posting in the Cozumel forum. You will get good answers; especially if Christie replies. I am trying to think of a hotel that has good food, good beach and good pool (three rqmts). Honestly, I don't think I have ever looked for those three requirements simulateously. I just need a bed and bar. And some times just a bed. Ha!

I will warn you. There must be a mattress/bed mafia operating on the island. EVERY hotel bed on Coz is about rock hard. OK, they are slightly softer than granite; maybe just gypsum hard. I find that the divers don't complain due to the focused effort on diving; but the misses usually do complain.

I will warn you. There must be a mattress/bed mafia operating on the island. EVERY hotel bed on Coz is about rock hard.

Richerso, next time try Caribe Blu. Their mattresses are softer than mine at home. :wink:

Thanks Mike! I will try that! I have also been told that I need to try the Coral Princess. Although, honestly, I am still trying to get fiefyter to give me his secret advice.

You should come out and visit with us at Lake Murray on Wednesday! A whole swampful of us will be there.

You should come out and visit with us at Lake Murray on Wednesday! A whole swampful of us will be there.

I'd love to, but unfortunately I can't.

I am still trying to get fiefyter to give me his secret advice.

Hmmm, I know every hotel that Thomas has stayed at on the island...and have stayed at 'em myself at one time or the other.

How much is the info. worth to ya? :D:D:D

Let us know how you like the hotel; I've seen some not-so-flattering reviews of the place. I've only drove by the property and seen it from the boat, but never stayed there.

I was on a boat with a couple of guys that were staying there when it was the Reef Club. They said it was "OK", but nothing special.

Hope you make it into town for some restaurants. I haven't been to La Choza since it moved (take some pics. please :D). Also try Parrilla Mission on 30th.

We've signed up with the DiveMonster Scuba dive shop in Lewisville to do a trip there in April. Hotel is Fiesta Americana. Their web site looks good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom