COZ Coffee Roasting Company?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingjd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I see over on TripAdvisor that there is a new coffee place in town. Anybody tried it? Is it any good?

+1 on that place as well. We spoke with the owner and they are affiliated with "La Bendicida" which is located in Playa Del Carmen on 34th/10th. Beans come from the Veracruz region and are roasted on the premises.

We also brought a bag home 2 weeks ago and wish we'd grabbed more. Owner and employees are genuinely nice folks who are enthusiastic about the place. Decide for your self, but we're glad we stumbled upon it.

Right across from Wet Wendy's -- so within a 100 foot radius all your beverage needs are satisfied.

I live in Cozumel and this is one of my favorite places to stop at. Take the tour and Tom, the owner, will show you how they roast the coffee beans right on the premises. Their coffee is from Chiapas and Vera Cruz. I have never had such smooth coffee like this. It's one of my favorite things to do when I have some extra time off in the morning. They are open every day except Sunday and holidays.

https://www.facebook.com/CozCoffeeRoastingCompany/

And then walk across the street and 1 block down next to restaurant Kinta you will find a little slice of heaven, Chocolateria Isla Bela. This mother daughter team create the most incredible handmade truffles. They have at least 20 different kinds and you can do a tasting. Heavenly and a great gift.

Chocolateria Isla Bella

Will have to check this out in June. Can't wait!!

We tried Coz Coffee shortly after they opened at the recommendation of JenLoves2Dive. It's great coffee roasted by an expat who knows what he's doing. I carted several kilos of beans back to the US. They were just starting to do food when we went and only had a couple of things, but those were very worthwhile. One was a vegan flourless "muffin" made using bananas. It was much better than it might sound. These are enthusiasts and this place deserves to do well.

Thanks to all for the feedback. It's good to know there is a good source for coffee in town so I can stop schlepping it down with me.

Thanks to JenLoves2Dive for the information on Chocolateria Isla Bella. We love their chocolates and didn't realize they had moved.

I haven't yet been to the new location for Chocalateria Isla Bella, but I did stop a few times at the old location, and the truffles were sinfully delicious.

It's good to know there is a good source for coffee in town so I can stop schlepping it down with me.

There are several sources for very good locally-roasted coffee on the island. Coz Coffee is quite good and you can get yourself a coffee, a snack, or breakfast while you're there.

Cafe Momoto has been roasting good coffee on 30 Avenida for years. They have an espresso machine but nobody who seems to be able to operate it properly when I'm there, and they don't have food. They really just sell coffee and aren't especially aimed at small sales to individuals. There are other places.

There is no need whatsoever to take coffee with you to Cozumel unless you have some very unusual need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom