Covid's impact on your diving ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cancelled three dive trips (Spring 2020, Winter 2021 and likely Spring 2021)... spent the money certifying my two step-kids and kitting them out including Apeks BPW's for all of us. Did a lot of local diving as our local restrictions allowed for it.

I lost a load of local day diving and a week in Lochaline but due to work being entirely remote I spent a lump of the late summer in Scotland diving frequently. I also managed to squeeze in a week in Scapa due to picking up last minute places.

My new drysuit arrived just too late for Scapa, so not getting to try it out yet is frustrating.

Hadn't planned any trips this year, so nothing got cancelled. Couldn't dive locally March/April/May since Monterey County was shut down, but made up for that once things opened up again! Dove 3 Saturdays in June and 3 Saturdays in July (with some spectacular conditions!) and now I'm back to my usual at least one Saturday a month since then. So far about 30 dives for the year.

Last dive trip was to the Philippines in 2017 so I'm ready to head out again once we get COVID 19 under control.

Red Sea - April 2020 - cancelled
Raja Ampat (honeymoon trip) - December 2020 - cancelled (very sad about this one because I was supposed to be on my way now)

On the "positive" side I did some fresh water dives in Austrian lakes that I would not have done otherwise. It doesn't compensate for Raja Ampat though... :(

Cozumel in April--Canceled
45 day trip to the Philippines in May with a live aboard to Tubbataha Reef canceled. Had to fight like hell to get my airfare refunded from Asiana airlines with the help of DOT.
Dived Cozumel in August
Dived Cozumel this November
Leave for Socorro tomorrow morning (Dec 1st) on Socorro Aggressor after my booking on the Valentine was canceled last week because of engine problems.
My Tubbataha liveaboard was rescheduled for May 2021 if the Philippines even opens by then.

Almost no impact to my diving. The local diving in Sydney is awesome and I had no dive trips planned, so nothing to get cancelled.

Probably the biggest impact was over Easter when the national park I dive in was closed (due to Covid) and I had to walk in from outside the park to get my dives in.

I have dived every weekend this year and have over 100 dives for the year so far.

I do so miss the local shore dives around Sydney.
Little impact on my diving here [SE Queensland] , but you are blessed with the convenience of easy to get to shore dives around the Sydney area [apart from the traffic and parking in some popular spots].

I do so miss the local shore dives around Sydney.
Little impact on my diving here [SE Queensland] , but you are blessed with the convenience of easy to get to shore dives around the Sydney area [apart from the traffic and parking in some popular spots].
My favourite sites rarely have parking issues and I usually dive early (when the tides permits). Early dives also mean less traffic.

My favourite sites rarely have parking issues and I usually dive early (when the tides permits). Early dives also mean less traffic.
That would be around "The Shire" ? Off topic for those not in the know, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom