Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have NEVER done the Vuelaseguro going into Mexico. No one ever asked for it.
It says to do it only after arriving when go into Mexico.

1641778848382.png

I do it going out and show it at security in MX.
Its part of the safety theater that multiple governments rushed to put in place to show that 'they were doing something'. Subsequently ignored, but never removed.

I read that to mean you fill it out to LEAVE Mexico 🇲🇽 right?
"In international flights to Mexico the Health Questionnaire must be filled only after arrive."

"In international flights to Mexico the Health Questionnaire must be filled only after arrive."
Right. You you can only fill it out after you arrive. To leave…. You ever try to fill one out for a flight that already happened?

Clearly it can’t mean right after you arrive. They certainly don’t want to know if you have all the symptoms and just infected the entire flight. What are they going to do? Put you back on a plane?

I'm still a bit confused about what paperwork / apps are needed and for which direction.
Be prepared for change. We were in Cozumel when the time frame for the Covid test to return to the U.S. changed from 3 to 1 day - not a big deal since the rapid test is accepted.

It seems another change is the "Health Questionnaire' which was called the "Questionnaire of Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers." The MX info was to complete the form for when entering MX and one for exiting MX. It could also be completed on the MX website, but I didn't want to put personal info there, so I printed the forms and carried them with me. No one asked for the one entering. The one for exiting was taken at the entrance to the security checkpoint in the Coz airport. It does seem to read now to go to the website and complete the newly named form - see the FAQ copied from the website.

It says to do it only after arriving when go into Mexico.
Yet in the FAQ's, it reads:

"Do I need to complete the Health Questionnaire if I'm a passenger coming from an international flight with México as a destination?
Yes. All foreigners that have as a destination any Mexican airport must complete the Health Questionnaire at the Vuela Seguro site, either when they arrive, or 12 hours before their arrival. All passengers with boarding pass must complete their Questionnaire, regardless if age and nationality."

The way some of the material reads, you can't board a plane going into or leaving MX without it.

Also regarding Verifly, I think it worked for us. Info that we input - vaccination record, covid test, attestation form - was all verified. I showed it to an American Airlines agent before entering the check-in line (to check luggage) and never showed it again. Whatever airline you fly, check to see if they have an app or online verification system for your flight - most do. It should guide you through what you need for your flights to wherever you're going.

I do it going out and show it at security in MX.
That's what I thought I understood from the Vuelaseguro website - it's for getting on a plane when already IN Mexico. But it sounds like different people (and different officials) are having a variety of experiences. It can't hurt to try to fill these things out in advance... I just want to get there, dive, and get home without hassles
:facepalm:

Right. You you can only fill it out after you arrive. To leave…. You ever try to fill one out for a flight that already happened?

Clearly it can’t mean right after you arrive. They certainly don’t want to know if you have all the symptoms and just infected the entire flight. What are they going to do? Put you back on a plane?

I wouldn't be so sure. I seem to recall back during the swine flu of 2010, Mexico was taking temperatures and asking questions of passengers as they arrived.

It can't hurt to try to fill these things out in advance.
I agree. Don't forget that you can also fill out the FMM (immigration) card in advance, if you can find a good copy online to print. Can't say for all airlines, but at least American Airlines didn't hand them out to complete before landing in Cozumel - this might be the new norm for the airline industry (see the link below.) It was after walking into the immigration line that one was handed out - in some cases people were searching for the person handing them out - a hassle trying to fill it out while moving through the line.

Did a quick search before posting: looks like it may be harder to find a copy of the FMM - a lot of sites want you to complete it electronically and then you print the finished copy. Maybe the government wants this to be the new norm. Just know if you fill it in online, it should be free if you're flying into MX. An example of an online site is in the link below:

Mexico Tourist Card You supposedly receive an email with the completed form. In the FAQ's, it does state that if you don't get the email, you should fill out the form again and then download it when given the option.

I have copies I printed when I could find them, but I may try the online FMM - going to Cabo in a couple of weeks.

The Marine Park offices are apparently closing for a bit as the staff are testing positive. As my friend says, 'Everyone in Cozumel has a 'cold' right now.'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom