Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of last Monday everyone, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to have a test within 1 day of travel into the USA

A lot of people are saying 24 hours. We leave tomorrow at 3:45pm and a clinic advised us to wait til later when we showed up today at 11:00am. They said they had several people coming back for a retest.

A lot of people are saying 24 hours. We leave tomorrow at 3:45pm and a clinic advised us to wait til later when we showed up today at 11:00am. They said they had several people coming back for a retest.
1 day = 24 hours. They have been sticklers about it in the past as well. When the rule was 3 days I heard of an incident where someone was denied boarding a plane in Cozumel when their test was just a couple of hours more than 72 hours old.

They have been sticklers about it in the past as well.
Seems to have changed from the past. I have read articles that clarified the latest order (Dec 6) is anytime the previous day, which might be more than 24 hours. Furthermore, it's based on scheduled departure, so if a flight is delayed, it might wind up being sometimes 2 days prior.

Call your airline -- they are the ones on the hook to verify compliance.

EDIT: to quote the CDC:
The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator.

The CDC say one calendar day, but the airline station manager may screw it up.

The CDC say one calendar day, but the airline station manager may screw it up.
It went into effect Monday and there may have been some confusion but by this time I would expect it to be straightened out. The airlines primary goal is to move passengers.

As of last Monday everyone, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to have a test within 1 day of travel into the USA
I missed my one chance last trip to show my vax card. We tested the day before so no one cared.

You can find current info about what “1 day” is; it is not a 24 hr period. My group of 4 travelers tested Friday morning (Dec. 10) at 9:00 am - flight was for 5:12 pm next day (Dec. 11), well over the 24 hour period, but ”1 day” before. Verifly app accepts it - an agent will check the date of the test on the app - not the time.

I type this as I am at a Dallas hotel because the 5:12 pm flight from Coz was delayed in taking off, so we missed the connecting flight in Dallas. More on that in a trip report later.

I type this as I am at a Dallas hotel because the 5:12 pm flight from Coz was delayed in taking off, so we missed the connecting flight in Dallas. More on that in a trip report later.
I read on FB about a family with two dogs on that plane. It seems a flight attendant broke the door and they couldn't fix it. AA finally sent them To the ferry where an agent failed to show, then AA broke promises for a van and hotel. Save your receipts for refunds and vouchers.

I read on FB about a family with two dogs on that plane. It seems a flight attendant broke the door and they couldn't fix it.

Glad that wasn't my flight. We had 2 nice attendants. Problem was first announced as with Dallas and then waiting for someone to clear us to take off. We sat in the plane for just over an hour before taking off. Everyone was well behaved, good flight, just didn't get into Dallas in time for next flight.

Covid testing - we got tested negative at International Hospital this morning, results emailed in about 30-40 minutes. $23 each. There are cheaper places but our last night was at Vista del Mar which is within a block.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom