Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyway, it would be useful to policy folks and interesting to armchair epidemiologists to know the total number of tests given, and positives vs. negatives, since the five-day PCR requirement went into effect. If the only "policing" of that is "remember to get your day five test," low compliance would not be surprising; when we were down in September and the day five antigen requirement was in effect, we were given dates and times for the test and reminded by email to show up. I guess that was logistically tough and financially burdensome.
Here is a plot of that since September. Not much to see...it'll take another week or two to see anything, is my guess.
1641158135213.png

I would also be interested in knowing if he has travel insurance that pays for quarantine expenses and additional airline ticket costs. Every travel policy I have looked seemed unclear whether testing positive (yet asymptomatic, i.e., no professionally diagnosed "illness") before returning to the US would be covered under Trip Interruption and, if so, how many days of expenses, and what expenses are covered.

I would like to know too. We've bought travel insurance during COVID but never had this situation occur. From what I've read and been told by our insurance agent, a positive COVID test result alone is not sufficient for a successful claim. They would probably also need documentation from a physician or whatever authority the insurance company terms require showing they are unable to travel and are required to medically quarantine.

1641336983389.png

50% increase in active cases since Sunday; fortunately, hospitalizations increased by just one. If the doubling time is 1-2 days (and I've read that the reporting is a couple of days behind) I'd think there are going to be a lot of people sitting in Bonaire hotel rooms for a good many days to come.

50% increase in active cases since Sunday; fortunately, hospitalizations increased by just one. If the doubling time is 1-2 days (and I've read that the reporting is a couple of days behind) I'd think there are going to be a lot of people sitting in Bonaire hotel rooms for a good many days to come.
It's not a pretty picture. More restrictions announced today effective immediately, mostly on size of groups, masking, and curfews. Hints also of stricter entry requirements. Stay tuned. Here are the new restrictions:
FB_IMG_1641337836802.jpg

Meaning you can’t go diving while waiting for the results?
Meaning, as I understand it, full quarantine. Meals brought to the room, both of which at the expense of the person/s under quarantine.

Meaning you can’t go diving while waiting for the results?

Meaning, as I understand it, full quarantine. Meals brought to the room, both of which at the expense of the person/s under quarantine.
I'd suggest avoiding too much extrapolation and "what ifs".

I'd suggest avoiding too much extrapolation and "what ifs".
Sure, and surely not my intent; but is that not your understanding of what is done when one tests positive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom