Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to hijack the thread . . . 477 active cases reported today, 129 last Wednesday. But still only four hospitalized. Annnnnd back to the tribulations of the sex industry!

I don't let the CDC covid alerts on foreign travel dictate where I travel during covid. There is much more relevant information to consider. By the same metrics we would likely be level 4.

I don't let the CDC covid alerts on foreign travel dictate where I travel during covid. There is much more relevant information to consider. By the same metrics we would likely be level 4.
No kidding. The whole US approach to the pandemic has been a mix of confusion and public health theater. You need a negative test to enter the US, but you can fly domestically to just about any state (Hawaii excluded) with no test required. Until fairly recently, the requirement was for a negative test within three days of your return flight, which was essentially useless. The CDC has placed umpteen countries at Level 4, but you can fly down to Miami and party all night with virtually no safety protocols in place, hop back on a plane, and not require testing first. Cloth masks are all but useless against delta or omicron, but still no requirement that medical grade masks be used. We're well into the 21st century but our proof of vaccination is some scribble on a paper card. It's ludicrous.

If we were New Zealand I'd understand a strict testing protocol for entry. But why are we worrying about a handful of potential cases stemming from people returning from abroad when virtually every corner of our country is being overrun with home-grown cases? It's like worrying about your leaky faucet when the dam upstream is giving out and the raging river is sweeping down the valley.

It's like worrying about your leaky faucet when the dam upstream is giving out and the raging river is sweeping down the valley.
Nice analogy.

No kidding. The whole US approach to the pandemic has been a mix of confusion and public health theater. You need a negative test to enter the US, but you can fly domestically to just about any state (Hawaii excluded) with no test required. Until fairly recently, the requirement was for a negative test within three days of your return flight, which was essentially useless. The CDC has placed umpteen countries at Level 4, but you can fly down to Miami and party all night with virtually no safety protocols in place, hop back on a plane, and not require testing first. Cloth masks are all but useless against delta or omicron, but still no requirement that medical grade masks be used. We're well into the 21st century but our proof of vaccination is some scribble on a paper card. It's ludicrous.

If we were New Zealand I'd understand a strict testing protocol for entry. But why are we worrying about a handful of potential cases stemming from people returning from abroad when virtually every corner of our country is being overrun with home-grown cases? It's like worrying about your leaky faucet when the dam upstream is giving out and the raging river is sweeping down the valley.

The 24 hour test requirement to get into the US via Miami was frustrating and infuriating to me.

Back
Top Bottom