Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 24 hour test requirement to get into the US via Miami was frustrating and infuriating to me.
Can you explain further? That should be pretty easy! Four places to do it on-island, sometimes at your resort, results "while you wait."
Or, are you referring to its value?

The value. They dropped from 3 days to 1 to supposedly keep omicron out of the states. Well, guess how that worked out.

If they wanted to make everyone do a rapid test to get on board a plane, I'd be ok with that and I would hope they would include that for domestic travel. But the 24 hour test return to a place that would easily be counted as a level 4 country is kind of silly.

I'd be okay with that too if for no other reason than it would keep the logic consistent. Although the idea that testing for travel is going to put a dent in the US's pandemic is just plain stupid. That's especially the case with requiring a negative rapid antigen test, which are notoriously bad at catching early omicron cases.

But the 24 hour test return to a place that would easily be counted as a level 4 country is kind of silly.

One day. Not 24 hours. Important distinction.

One day. Not 24 hours. Important distinction.

Yes, and I took advantage of that distinction. My flight home was 5PM on new years day. My test was at 1PM on new years eve.

We're well into the 21st century but our proof of vaccination is some scribble on a paper card. It's ludicrous.
Well, maybe if you live in one of those backwards states... I've got the paper, but also an electronic record with QR code for verification, stored in my Google Wallet.

Plus a cool sticker (that says vaccinated!) in my passport from the nice people in Singapore (which was a lot more complicated to get into than Bonaire!).

Well, maybe if you live in one of those backwards states... I've got the paper, but also an electronic record with QR code for verification, stored in my Google Wallet.

Plus a cool sticker (that says vaccinated!) in my passport from the nice people in Singapore (which was a lot more complicated to get into than Bonaire!).

Unfortunately, most countries won’t accept those from the USA. They want the CDC card. (They’re not going to piss off Florida, Texas et al.).

The value. They dropped from 3 days to 1 to supposedly keep omicron out of the states. Well, guess how that worked out.

And is unlikely to be repealed until the whole mess is over.

One person in our party tested positive for the 5 day test. There were a lot of Abbott IDNOW boxes laying around leading me to believe that is what they are using, not a true PCR test. But it doesn’t really matter since the CDC says that PCR tests cannot distinguish between COVID and the flu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom