Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Bonaire, arrived Dec 23.
  • 2 people flew Delta from TUS, overnighted in ATL, flew to BON on Dec 23. Their paperwork (vaccination card, ID NOW negative result, and Bonaire Public Health form) were checked in both TUS and ATL.
  • 2 people flew American from DCA-MIA-BON on Dec 23. Their paperwork (vaccination card, ID NOW negative result, and Bonaire Public Health form) were checked only in DCA.
  • 4 people flew American from BWI-MIA-BON on Dec 23. Their paperwork (vaccination card, ID NOW negative result, and Bonaire Public Health form) were not checked in BWI or MIA.
In Bonaire:
  • All the paperwork was checked, diligently, especially the within-48h NAAT test.
  • We were told: "Be sure to schedule and take your Day-5 PCR test." I asked how long was the turn-around; she said 15 minutes. Right.
  • There was no mention at the airport of an antigen test within 8h of arrival, to be taken at your resort.
  • When we got to the resort, (Buddy Dive) there was no mention of the "required" antigen test.
  • I emailed Bonaire Public Health saying WTF with this required antigen test on arrival; they said that it does not start until Dec 27. Right.
The cluster continues. My suggestion would be to avoid United for the time being...no good news from them.
You are in Bonaire. Quit complaining. :wink:😘

You are in Bonaire. Quit complaining. :wink:😘
Who's complaining? I'm having a great time!
I'm just hoping to help reduce the stress a bit for some of the others of you that are traveling to Bonaire these days.
Merry Christmas, all.

I would stay away from United. We had to cancel 3 tickets and 3 weeks ago, I called them. They said if you cancel, you can keep your credit and fly United for 1 year. When they said the unvaccinated had to quarantine for 5 days, we had 3 people that were not vaccinated and wanted to cancel. I call United and they said: Sorry but the agent miss informed you. You do not get credit or money back. You just lost 3 airline tickets. I have not used United for the past 25 years. Now when I do use them, this happens, I will never use United again. We had a few on AA and they at least gave you the credit to use another time. I am sticking with Delta and AA. Goodbye United.

Who's complaining? I'm having a great time!
I'm just hoping to help reduce the stress a bit for some of the others of you that are traveling to Bonaire these days.
Merry Christmas, all.

I'm in Curcao myself. Wading through the pre-arrival test headaches and finding test facilities that could get us results in time was a nightmare, it took me a day on island to recover from that crap.

I'm in Curcao myself. Wading through the pre-arrival test headaches and finding test facilities that could get us results in time was a nightmare, it took me a day on island to recover from that crap.
Are you referring to the PCR test? We are supposed to visit Curacao in Feb. Stressing out about the timeline and getting results back in time. We are looking at changing plans if they only allow PCR versus antigen during our timeframe.

I’ve given up on the February curaçao trip, just feel the timing won’t work once the reaction to the current surge reaction kicks in.

I’ve given up on the February curaçao trip, just feel the timing won’t work once the reaction to the current surge reaction kicks in.
I agree. Canceled my Feb Bonaire trip. Too much stress.

Have you done the 3rd-day antigen yet? We just came back from the airport which we thought would be the easiest of the 3 testing sites open on Xmas. We thought wrong.

Are you referring to the PCR test? We are supposed to visit Curacao in Feb. Stressing out about the timeline and getting results back in time. We are looking at changing plans if they only allow PCR versus antigen during our timeframe.

Yeah, I was referring to that. We drove down to Miami two days before our flight to deal with this and had a test scheduled at place that "guaranteed" 6-8 hour results and was a few blocks walk from our hotel. When we arrived to get tested, we found that the place was closed due to a covid outbreak and we were re-routed to another location. The second location told us it may take 24 or more hours for our results, so we spent the better part of that day looking for backup options. It turns out that getting COVID tests is a competitive sporting event in Miami, we found lots of places that all had long lines (Tropical Park, oh my lord).

We eventually found a testing lab in Miami International Airport, which could do PCR, RT-PCR and Antigen and get the results back in an hour. If I had known about that, I would have just gotten tested there to begin with. I'll still have to deal with the first testing facility and my credit card company when I get back home, I refuse to pay the top price for the "guaranteed 6-8 hours" when they couldn't deliver.

Have you done the 3rd-day antigen yet? We just came back from the airport which we thought would be the easiest of the 3 testing sites open on Xmas. We thought wrong.

Yeah, we used the facility at the airport for our 3rd day antigen test last week. We did not have any problems, but it wasn't a holiday either.

I'm starting to worry a little about the return trip, we fly home new years day and when we scheduled our return to the states test, the ADC web-site said we may not get our results back for 48 hours. I can go on a rant about the 24 hour requirement to enter the US right now, I'm from Florida, the 24 hour window is meaningless in a state that is setting record infections each day. I guess the downside is my wife and I could be stuck here a few days, not sure how that will work.

I felt this way briefly the day before I got here, was ready to pull the pin on the whole trip and just go to the keys. I'm glad I stuck through it and got here though, we've really had a lovely time so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom