Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Not looking good. More info promised tomorrow, but it surely looks like Christmas get-togethers did not help...

date active cases
24-Dec 3
25-Dec
26-Dec
27-Dec 3
28-Dec 3
29-Dec 5
30-Dec 8
31-Dec 13
1-Jan 29

Not looking good. More info promised tomorrow, but it surely looks like Christmas get-togethers did not help...

date active cases
24-Dec 3
25-Dec
26-Dec
27-Dec 3
28-Dec 3
29-Dec 5
30-Dec 8
31-Dec 13
1-Jan 29
And make that 46 active cases for Jan 2.
More restrictions have been instituted. There are no vaccinations on island yet.
An additional surge is anticipated following the New Years Eve socialization.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the situation. Sad to hear it's spreading quickly there.

So, do we call the new year '2021,' or '2020 Junior?'

So sad to hear of the spread just as there is hope with the vaccine. My wish is that, somehow, the island finds the resources to provide vaccines to the population.

This is very discouraging news. I have had trouble finding information. Seems like the majority of new cases are being attributed to large gatherings. It doesn't seem like they have had very many at risk visitors. Anyone with better information?

Thanks, you could have just attempted to answer my question, where are all the new cases from?
LOL. I'm tempted to answer that the info is in the links, in detail.
The short answer is a few from Curacao, the rest are local.

Back
Top Bottom