Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No way to really know. My flight landed minutes after a KLM flight Wednesday and we were through in minutes. They for sure looked at everything, how thoroughly, I don't know. Nobody got pulled put of line that we saw.

yeah im just concerned they wont accept my test because its not exactly within the 48hour mark, im like 7 hours passed the 48 hours. I work the days right before i fly out, all testing sites will be closed when i get off work. Hopefully they wont be anal about it.

Last Saturday, The Delta agent verified our test results at origin. At Bonaire, they focused on the health verification and scheduling the 5-day test. They definitely weren’t looking at original departure times—they didn’t even have that information. So does Delta look at the hour vs the date of the test? Reasonable to think not, in a busy check-in line . . .

Send an email to PublicHealth@BonaireGov.com and ask the specific question: If my first departure flight is Friday, and I get tested on Wednesday, does my test meet the 48h rule? It will be two days, but more than exactly 48h before my departure. Let us know the answer. They usually respond immediately, except it will be a weekend.

Send an email to PublicHealth@BonaireGov.com and ask the specific question: If my first departure flight is Friday, and I get tested on Wednesday, does my test meet the 48h rule? It will be two days, but more than exactly 48h before my departure. Let us know the answer. They usually respond immediately, except it will be a weekend.

i did and this is the answer i got. MUST be within 48 hours.

Attachments

• 24776AD9-D3D0-47FF-870C-671D5BF9D723.jpeg
    24776AD9-D3D0-47FF-870C-671D5BF9D723.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 70
Last Saturday, The Delta agent verified our test results at origin. At Bonaire, they focused on the health verification and scheduling the 5-day test. They definitely weren’t looking at original departure times—they didn’t even have that information. So does Delta look at the hour vs the date of the test? Reasonable to think not, in a busy check-in line . . .

Yeah i am hoping it would be like that when I arrive, that it will be too busy for them to actually really check the exact hours on my test.

We are currently in Bonaire and arrived last Saturday on Delta Airlines. We can't say how the Bonaire government will handle a test outside of the 48 hours. We can say that the Delta agent when we checked our baggage in for our first flight (SFO-ATL) examined our COVID PCR test results, our proof of vaccination, and our Bonaire Pre-Arrival form. All of these were checked again when we checked into our flight to Bonaire from Atlanta the next day. Upon arrival, they (the Bonaire government) also checked all three of these documents again. We made sure for ourselves that our PCR test was within 48 hours of our ATL-Bonaire flight. (Yes we know that they would have taken 48 hours from our initial flight.)

As we are here for 2 weeks, we had to make an appointment for our day 5 COVID test. They did assign a time, but we went early to try and get it out of the way, but we arrived just after 11:30 and they had just broken for "lunch" and told us they would reopen at 3pm. They close at 5 and told us we should be back by 4:30 (after all, we had diving to do :)) They did ask for our ID, but as we never travel on the island with it, the best we could do was our STINAPA tags. Thank goodness they were understanding and did accept these (our names are on the printout of the tags). We also knew our birthdates and phone numbers. Aside from the issue they had with a van full of Buddy Divers, this went pretty quickly..

Masks are worn by some in the stores. The norm appears to be no masks. We haven't seen anyone wear a mask outside. We're from California, we've been wearing masks inside.

Yeah i am hoping it would be like that when I arrive, that it will be too busy for them to actually really check the exact hours on my test.

I would not recommend that as a viable strategy. You may get denied boarding and not even make it to Bonaire. On our AA flight out of Mia, testing type, date & time and result were very carefully checked...
Could you get a more lenient gate agent? Sure, but don't bank on it.

I would not recommend that as a viable strategy. You may get denied boarding and not even make it to Bonaire. On our AA flight out of Mia, testing type, date & time and result were very carefully checked...
Could you get a more lenient gate agent? Sure, but don't bank on it.

We connected through MIA on Wednesday. They didn't ask for anything except boarding passes and passports.

We connected through MIA on Wednesday. They didn't ask for anything except boarding passes and passports.
LOL. Well, that's one extreme!
The other extreme is we were almost not allowed to board Delta in Atlanta because our Bonaire Health Dept Forms did not have a QR code (hint: none of them do....). Our friends on AA were almost not allowed to board in Rayleigh-Durham to go to MIA because their ID NOW report forms said NAAT and not PCR.

My girlfriend just came back from USA with AA. Every form went trough thorough expecting. KLM from Netherlands could just pass .

Guess they pick random flights for full checks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom