Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every websight I have looked at, says 72 hours prior.
I guess you have not looked at the ONLY official website, BonaireCrisis.com. Why is that?

Hey @tursiops , one more question. The BonaireCrisis site says the Health Declaration is to be submitted 72-48 hours before departure. (It doesn't actually say "submitted," but I am assuming this is a form you fill out and submit online?) Maybe this is a stupid question, but does that mean within a window beginning no earlier than 72 hours before departure and ending no later than 48 hours before departure?

<snip>..., at your Health Dept Form paper copy you are carrying with you to make sure you have insurance and have signed it, and at your NAAT test result to make sure it was within the time window. .

I see there is a question about insurance on the health declaration form, but is having this an actual requirement for entry?

Also, thanks for the great and detailed info above!

Hey @tursiops , one more question. The BonaireCrisis site says the Health Declaration is to be submitted 72-48 hours before departure. (It doesn't actually say "submitted," but I am assuming this is a form you fill out and submit online?) Maybe this is a stupid question, but does that mean within a window beginning no earlier than 72 hours before departure and ending no later than 48 hours before departure?
There doesn't seem to be much concern for how late it is submitted. I'm sure the 72h was set back when the NAAT test had a 72h window. What with it being 48h now, the Form is out of sync.

I see there is a question about insurance on the health declaration form, but is having this an actual requirement for entry?

Also, thanks for the great and detailed info above!
I don't think it is a requirement, but appears to be a point of discussion.

Aruba is classified as a low-risk (yellow) country, so fully vaccinated people need no test at all, and not fully vaccinated people need a NAAT (PCR) test within 48 hours of departure. So if you're vaxxed Bob, you should be fine.

Edit to add the charts, as of today:
View attachment 676012

View attachment 676013
That shows how inconsistent these countries are in classifying risk. Aruba was just added to the Very High Risk list by the CDC.

We were in Aruba from 6/27-7/7 and there were 30 active cases the day we arrived and it didn’t really move while we were there; with 33 active cases reported on 7/9.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Travel to Aruba | VisitAruba News

However, about 10 days after we left, cases started to climb and they had 754 active cases as of 8/6 and some safety measures were reinstated on 8/7.

i-HxrqM7W-M.jpg

It seems we had perfect timing for our trip (and had a great time), but things have headed in the wrong direction since then. That’s interesting as most of the active cases are with residents even though Aruba reports ~63% of its population as fully vaccinated.

We are fully vaccinated and we are booked to arrive in Bonaire via ATL on Sept 18th. The plan is to stay 2 wks and then leave via a Curacao back to the US on Oct 3rd. We are watching the COVID situation carefully and were wondering if there is any discussion occurring of Bonaire locking down again and not letting people in (or out)? In following this thread for weeks/months, @tursiops - you seem to have some insight into what is going on behind the scenes. Any words of wisdom?

I am not aware of any such discussion. Monitor bonaire.nu and bonairecrisis.com.
We are fully vaccinated and we are booked to arrive in Bonaire via ATL on Sept 18th. The plan is to stay 2 wks and then leave via a Curacao back to the US on Oct 3rd. We are watching the COVID situation carefully and were wondering if there is any discussion occurring of Bonaire locking down again and not letting people in (or out)? In following this thread for weeks/months, @tursiops - you seem to have some insight into what is going on behind the scenes. Any words of wisdom?

I came to Bonaire from Aruba 3 days ago. I was on Aruba at least 2 weeks and I had a vaccine card. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!! It was a breeze. And I am going back to Aruba the end of the week. Now I am certain that I will have to test in Aruba. They changed the rules, since the numbers are up. But people say: Look at all the cases in Aruba! Well look at all the cases in the US. I feel 100 times better in Aruba, than the States. In Aruba, its all the young kids partying and spreading it one to another. If you go to the high rise or low rise, eat out doors, have your groceries delivered. I really don;t see a problem if you are vaccinated. If you aren't vaccinated, I think you should take a real hard look, and do what the Scientist and Dr.s say! Go get vaccinated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom