Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Entry Requirements as of August 8: I received an email from Bonaire Insider last night with a link to a new press release on Info Bonaire:
Bonaire Announces Changes in PCR Tests for Travelers

Bonaire is now requiring a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival for travelers from "High Risk" countries, including the US. I can get the test within 48 hours, but so far have not been able to see how I can get the results back in time. I was planning to overnight in Miami before flying to Bonaire. Does anyone know whether the test results have to be back before boarding a flight to Bonaire?

Entry Requirements as of August 8: I received an email from Bonaire Insider last night with a link to a new press release on Info Bonaire:
Bonaire Announces Changes in PCR Tests for Travelers

Bonaire is now requiring a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival for travelers from "High Risk" countries, including the US. I can get the test within 48 hours, but so far have not been able to see how I can get the results back in time. I was planning to overnight in Miami before flying to Bonaire. Does anyone know whether the test results have to be back before boarding a flight to Bonaire?
Look for rapid pcr testing... Here's one near u... Mobile COVID Tests in West Palm Beach, FL | 30-Min PCR

Does anyone know whether the test results have to be back before boarding a flight to Bonaire?
Depends on the airline. American seems to ask for the results before letting you board; Delta doesn't.
I'm in Bonaire right now with folks that flew AA from MIA and DL from ATL. Quite different experiences.

Get the ID NOW test from Walgreens....you'll have your results in an hour or so.

We're heading (back) to the island next week. Does anyone have any more detail on specifically which tests are accepted for entry? I did some travelling last year (French Polynesia) and they were quite specific about which tests (down to where there was a list of approved test manufacturers) were acceptable and which were not. For Bonaire all I'm seeing is NAAT/PCR, which is a very large category. Are the rapid NAAT tests (not antigen) acceptable or does it need to be the type of test that goes off to a lab? With the validity window now down to 48 hours before departure to Bonaire, it doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for getting the results of the lab test in time, so I'm hoping the rapid NAAT test is acceptable.

Does anyone who has travelled recently have any insight into how closely they are scrutinizing the test results in terms of which test it was or anything else? Anyone have any issues with a particular type of test? When we went to French Polynesia, the gate agents in our departure city were VERY cautious and spent a long time determining the exact time window (with time zone changes) and whether or not the specific test was "valid", while the immigration people in FP barely gave the results a second glance.

Thanks in advance!

I'm also a bit perplexed by the health declaration form which I must complete between 72 and 48 hours of departure, and which asks me whether or not I've had a COVID test within 72 hours of arrival and about the results. But I'm not supposed to get tested until I'm within 48-hours of departure. I guess I just answer "no" on the declaration form for now?

I am going to Bonaire Thurs and they said they only accept PCR test 72 hours prior. Does not matter if you are vaccinated or not. Everyone has to have a PCR test. Hope this helps. AB

For accurate information visit bonairecrisis.com. There is inaccurate information here.

I'm also a bit perplexed by the health declaration form which I must complete between 72 and 48 hours of departure, and which asks me whether or not I've had a COVID test within 72 hours of arrival and about the results. But I'm not supposed to get tested until I'm within 48-hours of departure. I guess I just answer "no" on the declaration form for now?

They just in the last couple of days changed the test window from 72 to 48 hours before departure. Maybe the health declaration form has not caught up with that change?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom