Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note: this is for ENTRY to Bonaire. If you want to use a tele-proctored home test to get back into the US, that is acceptable. But it is easier and more certain just to get a local test from one of the four places that do it.
Yep. I was just thinking I might have a use for the teleproctored kits I had bought for a Mexico trip last month when I didn't know in advance what testing services would be available at my destination. Getting tested on Bonaire was indeed fast and easy.

The antigen test cannot be a home test, even if tele-proctored.
Wow, this is the first I read about this!

Can you provide reference? This was my backup if my PCR had a glitch since I would not have time to do it again (had an inconclusive once because of a contaminated sample, but always tested negative.)

Thanks.

Wow, this is the first I read about this!

Can you provide reference? This was my backup if my PCR had a glitch since I would not have time to do it again (had an inconclusive once because of a contaminated sample, but always tested negative.)

Thanks.
It is mentioned repeatedly on the FB site Bonaire Expats and Visitors COVID-19 Discussion
but has not been written down on BonaireCrisis.com. If you want something official, send an email to TravelToBonaire@bonairecrisis.com and ask if your tele-proctored test will be acceptable for entry to Bonaire. Everybody who has done that has gotten the same answer. When I did it last December the response was:
As of November 30th, if you are a fully vaccinated passenger traveling from the US, you have 2 options.
  1. An antigen test taken within 24 hours before your departure
  2. A PCR test taken within 48 hours before your departure.
Please take note that a self-test/home test is not acceptable.

It is mentioned repeatedly on the FB site Bonaire Expats and Visitors COVID-19 Discussion
but has not been written down on BonaireCrisis.com. If you want something official, send an email to TravelToBonaire@bonairecrisis.com and ask if your tele-proctored test will be acceptable for entry to Bonaire. Everybody who has done that has gotten the same answer. When I did it last December the response was:
As of November 30th, if you are a fully vaccinated passenger traveling from the US, you have 2 options.
  2. A PCR test taken within 48 hours before your departure.
Please take note that a self-test/home test is not acceptable.
Thanks, They should list it on the BonaireCrisis.com site.

Here is there response
"
Thank you for contacting Public health department Bonaire.
Hereby we would like to inform you that unfortunately, both serology tests and self-tests are not accepted to enter Bonaire.
Neither monitored nor supervised self-tests are accepted.
The Covid-test has to be done at an accredited laboratory/clinic or by a certified health care professional.

Hope to have informed you accordingly.

Kind regards,
"

Thanks, They should list it on the BonaireCrisis.com site.

Here is there response
"
Thank you for contacting Public health department Bonaire.
Hereby we would like to inform you that unfortunately, both serology tests and self-tests are not accepted to enter Bonaire.
Neither monitored nor supervised self-tests are accepted.
The Covid-test has to be done at an accredited laboratory/clinic or by a certified health care professional.

Hope to have informed you accordingly.

Kind regards,
"
Yes, it should be on the BonaireCrisis.com website, especially since the question arises all the time and the answer has not changed since the whole mess began.

Got a question about this. Let's say a person has this itinerary:

1.) 6 a.m. Fly out of another U.S. airport, I'll say Nashville, TN, since that's what close to me.

2.) Arrive in Miami, FL or Charlotte, NC. Have layover.

3.) 10:30 a.m. Fly out to Bonaire.

This person needs to have an antigen test no more than 24-hours before departure.

Is that the 6 a.m. departure or the 10:30 a.m. departure? Many of us have connecting flights.

Follow up that still has me uncertain. BonaireCrisis.com has a Q&A Traveler's Page and if you scroll down to Will Test Requirements Change For Travelers To Bonaire Having Transited Or Transferred Elsewhere? It says:

"For travelers traveling to Bonaire who have transited or transferred elsewhere, the following rules and test requirements apply:

* For travelers who stay on the airplane or at the airport during a stopover, the conditions of the country of origin remain valid for the continuation of their trip to Bonaire.

* After a stay of least 14 days, will the conditions of the stopover country apply for the continuation of a traveler’s trip to Bonaire.

* For travelers who leave the airport during a stopover and pass through customs & immigration, the conditions of both the country of origin and stopover apply for the continuation of their trip to Bonaire. If a test requirement applies from either of the two countries on arrival on Bonaire, this obligation must be met.
Travelers who, due to circumstances, cannot meet the requirements to travel to Bonaire, should immediately contact traveltobonaire@bonairegov.com"

That's not as clear as I would hope. I'm guessing that means if you fly out of one country, have a connection and layover in another country, if you don't leave the airport, they ignore you having spent time in country #2 (which might be considered a different risk level).

But I'm guessing this does not answer my question from the prior post?

Got a question about this. Let's say a person has this itinerary:

1.) 6 a.m. Fly out of another U.S. airport, I'll say Nashville, TN, since that's what close to me.

2.) Arrive in Miami, FL or Charlotte, NC. Have layover.

3.) 10:30 a.m. Fly out to Bonaire.

This person needs to have an antigen test no more than 24-hours before departure.

Is that the 6 a.m. departure or the 10:30 a.m. departure? Many of us have connecting flights.

24h before the first departure if you do not leave the airport. I went from Portugal with a 5h layover in Amsterdam.

Follow up that still has me uncertain. BonaireCrisis.com has a Q&A Traveler's Page and if you scroll down to Will Test Requirements Change For Travelers To Bonaire Having Transited Or Transferred Elsewhere? It says:

"For travelers traveling to Bonaire who have transited or transferred elsewhere, the following rules and test requirements apply:

* For travelers who stay on the airplane or at the airport during a stopover, the conditions of the country of origin remain valid for the continuation of their trip to Bonaire.

* After a stay of least 14 days, will the conditions of the stopover country apply for the continuation of a traveler’s trip to Bonaire.

* For travelers who leave the airport during a stopover and pass through customs & immigration, the conditions of both the country of origin and stopover apply for the continuation of their trip to Bonaire. If a test requirement applies from either of the two countries on arrival on Bonaire, this obligation must be met.
Travelers who, due to circumstances, cannot meet the requirements to travel to Bonaire, should immediately contact traveltobonaire@bonairegov.com"

That's not as clear as I would hope. I'm guessing that means if you fly out of one country, have a connection and layover in another country, if you don't leave the airport, they ignore you having spent time in country #2 (which might be considered a different risk level).

But I'm guessing this does not answer my question from the prior post?

I would send them an email. They answered mine promptly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom