Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starting tomorrow, Jan 16:
1642287617230.png

Added: "fully vaccinated" is defined in the FAQs at Q&A's reizigers - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire
1642354619453.png

New Measures; TBD what this means for dive boats.
1642287838791.png

That is an improvement. My guess is before spring testing to travel will be eliminated. Covid is everywhere. You are not stopping the spread with these tests in any meaningful way. Hopefully we will go back to the "please don't travel if sick" common sense rule.

Doesn’t this conflict with the US “one day before leaving back rule”?

Doesn’t this conflict with the US “one day before leaving back rule”?
Hopefully, that meaningless requirement gets eliminated now!

Hopefully, that meaningless requirement gets eliminated now!
I agree. It's a dumb rule given that testing isn't required for domestic travel (Hawaii excluded, I think) and that omicron is rampant across the US now. The UK recently changed its testing rules for travelers, acknowledging that it only serves to hurt the travel industry and dissuade travel while doing virtually nothing to slow the spread of omicron.

Different countries will take different approaches given their resources and specific circumstances, but I'm willing to bet that we're going to see many places drastically reduce if not outright eliminate testing-for-entry (or return) requirements when most of the globe is on the other side of the current omicron surge.

Thanks for posting this. I hope the penalties are severe.
A good lesson to all. As a more contagious Omicron spreading everywhere, we are definitely need to include the risk and consequences of contracting it while traveling from airport to airport more seriously than in the past.

Violating the country’s Covid-19 protocol would definitely affects in tightening the protocol and making it more stringent for others coming to that country in the near future, like what happened in Thailand, Rogue Israeli tourist taken into custody in Immigration police proper to his deportation - Thai Examiner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom