Covid mask wearing protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of early December, you do not have to keep the mask on in the streets. You have to, once you enter a shop or something.

In the resort, they asked to keep the masks on when going around the territory. Once you get out, you can take it off.

As of early December, you do not have to keep the mask on in the streets. You have to, once you enter a shop or something.

In the resort, they asked to keep the masks on when going around the territory. Once you get out, you can take it off.

i just returned from Los Cabos. My experience is that mask usage in tourism-dependent areas of Mexico is very high — much more so than in North Carolina or Florida, for instance. But they also use common sense — If you are outside in the street and can maintain a good distance, nobody says anything if you lower your mask. My experience is also that local businesses and their workers are very glad to have you come. As for those who would tell you to stay at home — they have a right to that opinion, but i for one was happy to have done my trip.

There is only one responsible answer
I won't say anything more other than it wasn't that long ago that discussion along these lines became heated, tempers flared, mods intervened, posts were removed, and some members were blocked from contributing. I respectfully request that we don't go there again.

No one gave us dirty looks when we didn't have our masks on walking down the street in September. We wore them when in taxis and establishments. Be sure to walk on the rubber mats with disinfectant before going in to any stores or restaurants.

I won't say anything more other than it wasn't that long ago that discussion along these lines became heated, tempers flared, mods intervened, posts were removed, and some members were blocked from contributing. I respectfully request that we don't go there again.
  • I am only stating the obvious. Travelling under the current conditions is a selfish act particularly when a vaccine can be available over the next year

Thanks for the info for those who answered my simple question. Was not looking for permission or your judgment BSphere I recommend you probably stay off scuba board Coz or keep your personal opinions to yourself. Can’t wait for my Month on the island. February can’t come fast enough!!

You don’t need permission. We each need to do what our individual consciences tell us is correct. If that includes taking a vacation in a pandemic, that is your decision. I’m waiting for the All Clear from the public health authorities myself.

Back
Top Bottom