Covid mask wearing protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really hate to say it this way - Are you miserable in your own life? The don't tell me WTF to do attitude, I'll just eat a bag of chips while walking down the sidewalk, I don't need to wear a mask........ Stay wherever you are at...

Yep, those things you walk on are certainly silly and probably do zero - who gives a ****. Walk on the damn thing and move on - it has sanitizer in it so it isn't a breeding pool for germs, a dog probably **** on the sidewalk right where you walked yesterday - does it matter?

Sanitizing may be a wasted effort - so what - does it hurt your precious feelings that things get sanitized?

Does it hurt you physically when the scan you with the temp monitor?

You and any other anti mask wearing individual - stay off this island and any other island - stay away from my family members in the US. It's pure ignorance to think the things we do here haven't helped prevent spread - sure it's not ebola we are talking about but for some it is - we aren't afforded the luxury medical facilities that the US has, so we need to be just a little bit safer than the next guy. We've learned to live with what really amounts to a little restriction and slight changes in our lifestyle - it's not that big of an issue..... deal with it or don't visit, it's that simple.

The selfishness that a few Americans show weighs heavily on the rest of us.

Stop. Read again. Demonstrate an ounce of intelligence. Show me where I ever said that I don't wear masks or follow the rules. You seem to have an inability to differentiate between following the rules and criticizing the rules. Low IQ or what? And senseless rules do harm in making it difficult to distinguish between measures that are effective and measures that are for show.

Stop. Read again. Demonstrate an ounce of intelligence. Show me where I ever said that I don't wear masks or follow the rules. You seem to have an inability to differentiate between following the rules and criticizing the rules. Low IQ or what? And senseless rules do harm in making it difficult to distinguish between measures that are effective and measures that are for show.

Here's posts from just this thread - all showing rules don't work, I can step around them, show me proof blah blah blah

So if I'm walking down the sidewalk eating potato chips...

Interesting how tourists are feared and blamed for the spread. Seems like the areas in Mexico faring the best are the tourist areas while the areas that are deep red dumpster fires are places that seldom see a tourist.

I'm not talking about official blame but the frequent posts commenting on how tourists flaunt the rules and are a threat. If it were really true, then shouldn't that result in spread? Shouldn't tourist areas be the hot spots?

I think what the "experts" are saying about the virus and taking precautions is relevant. You have the name of a prominant Mexican "expert" that we all know and can use?

Is that a particular Pedro or will any Pedro do in a pinch?

You wonder why tourist hot spots don't have issues and non tourist spots do? Maybe it's because tourist spots have some sort of rules that get followed because our economy depends on it and other areas have rules but don't take them seriously - oh wait, that sounds just like the US doesn't it??? Drive a hour south on the mainland, that's all it takes to see it.

Everyone tries so hard here, they have given up so much and we're still missing a whole lot but what we are doing is working - that's all the proof I need. Your opinion of our rules, it doesn't matter - you're a guest - i won't put my feet on your coffee table, don't put yours on mine.

I'm failing to see how a single quote of mine says that I don't follow the rules. The only one an intelligent person might even remotely interpret as such is the eating chips while walking, which wasn't meat to advocate not wearing a mask but to illustrate the absurdity of the rules, the manner in which they are enforced, and the various exceptions. Covid takes a break because you are eating or drinking? Covid knows to stay at it's own table?

Whether my opinion matters or not is irrelevant... I'm giving it. Feel free to ignore.

I really hate to say it this way - Are you miserable in your own life? The don't tell me WTF to do attitude, I'll just eat a bag of chips while walking down the sidewalk, I don't need to wear a mask........ Stay wherever you are at...

Yep, those things you walk on are certainly silly and probably do zero - who gives a ****. Walk on the damn thing and move on - it has sanitizer in it so it isn't a breeding pool for germs, a dog probably **** on the sidewalk right where you walked yesterday - does it matter?

Sanitizing may be a wasted effort - so what - does it hurt your precious feelings that things get sanitized?

Does it hurt you physically when the scan you with the temp monitor?

You and any other anti mask wearing individual - stay off this island and any other island - stay away from my family members in the US. It's pure ignorance to think the things we do here haven't helped prevent spread - sure it's not ebola we are talking about but for some it is - we aren't afforded the luxury medical facilities that the US has, so we need to be just a little bit safer than the next guy. We've learned to live with what really amounts to a little restriction and slight changes in our lifestyle - it's not that big of an issue..... deal with it or don't visit, it's that simple.

@ChuckP - having a bad day ChuckP? Generally I agree with what you post but have to say that this post seems a bit hypocritical of you to lecture ReefHound when you have admitted doing some of the same things you use in your rant. Reefhound has the right to voice his opinion (even if it does come across a bit disrespectful) as long as he still follows the rules which he says he does. I agree with Reefhound and believe some of the precautionary steps seem like a game to make us feel like we are doing the 'right' thing. Overall most people including myself (& Reefhound) are playing the game by the rules even if they/we don't agree with them.

It is offensive to me that you single out Americans as being selfish. I witnessed plenty of selfish locals, Canadians as well as Americans while I was in Coz.

The CDC muliplex PCR test specifically identifies Covid-19, or influenza A, or influenza B. This test is particularly useful as it allows for surveillance for all 3 respiratory pathogens from one specimen. This is increasingly important during the flu season, when you would like to know the circulating rate of all 3. The intial problem with the Covid-19 PCR test and how it was remedied, is also discussed here CDC Diagnostic Tests for COVID-19 | CDC

Back
Top Bottom