Covid Cancellation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
This was supposed to be our first night of a five night live aboard trip. We were notified late last night that the trip was cancelled because 7 of the 12 crew members have Covid along with 10 of the divers from the last trip.

Such is luck in the time of Covid.

They have promised full refunds and reimbursement for air fares.

So, we’re sitting this out at our condo in Cha Am. Things could be worse.
464EF946-DCCE-4E7B-89BA-93EDFDB7AF66.jpeg

Bummer...especially if one had come from overseas for this trip. Less than 24 hours notice seems hardly enough.

Bummer...especially if one had come from overseas for this trip. Less than 24 hours notice seems hardly enough.
It's not like they are going to have a week's notice that they will all test positive 6 days in the future.

I've shown up in the Bahamas. Watched the boat I was getting on come into dock. Stayed at a hotel at the end of the dock. That night they cut the floor out of the deck, ripped out an engine that tossed a rod, dropped in a new engine and had it running as we got on board the next morning. That was a close to no go trip.

Or worse, some friends went to the Bahamas, got on the boat. A few got one bad dive in, but for the most part spent the whole trip running from a hurricane. Most never got in the water a single time. Complete waste of time. Should have been called before they got on the boat if not before they flew in.

The trip was supposed to be a cruise beginning at Pak Bara Harbor in Satun and then heading north diving along the way and finishing at Phuket after four days of diving.

The trip was supposed to be a cruise beginning at Pak Bara Harbor in Satun and then heading north diving along the way and finishing at Phuket after four days of diving.
Lipe + Lanta + Phi Phi?

I am off to Koh Lanta pretty soon.

Lipe + Lanta + Phi Phi?

I am off to Koh Lanta pretty soon.
Talung (3)
Koh Phueng
Hin Daeng (2)
Hin Muang
Koh Ha (5)
Bida Nok
Bida Nai
Shark Point

That was the plan anyway. Suited me because I really enjoy Koh Ha.

Now we're trying to choose between a South Andaman trip in January (Chao Ying Noi) and a North Andaman trip in February (Tapana Catamaran).

I've dived Koh Rok several times; including a couple of night dives. From my notes highlights included a Hawksbill, some large Halgerda nudi and some ghost pipefish.

Before my wife learned to dive we did a day trip there. Really nice snorkeling for a non diver.

Back
Top Bottom