Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The idiots fall into 2 groups, those who are behaving as normal and not taking any precautions at all and those who are taking excessive measures unjustified by the present situation. I will give you an example - my wife works part time at a food store, normal closing time is 23:00 but tonight they closed the doors at 20:00 so they could spend 3 hours undisturbed restocking the shelves empties by panic buying.

There is some justified excessive buying. For example: for the past two years I did not go to the supermarket, ordering twice a week online. Since the virus hit Portugal, online deliveries moved from half a day after to 3-weeks after. As such, I have no option than to buy larger quantities to last for longer.

I also understand that people buy more to minimize the number of times they go to the supermarket and so the potential number of exposures to the virus.

This does not apply to buying more toilet paper than you will need until Christmas though.

U.S. Government status change for U.S. citizens

Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel
Thanks for that info. Family (4 of us) was scheduled to go to Guanaja on April 1. We'd been looking forward to that trip since last September. I checked Honduras Domestic flights earlier today on Flightaware and they've all been cancelled. Not a single plane shown over the Country. Two weeks in San Pedro Sula is my worst nightmare.

WHO is full of S$%T. Get rid of the Director General.
Are they sponsored by Russia by giving out fake advice?

Hong Kong confirms a second dog is infected with coronavirus

ok...let’s calm down..3 points here.

1) the WHO said there was no evidence of dogs getting Coronavirus
2) A dog was then discovered with Coronavirus in Hong Kong and they immediately changed their stance to ‘there is now evidence of dogs getting Coronavirus’.
3) they never ‘actually’ mandated that all dog’s get released. That’s a vehicle for the punchline of the joke - WHO let the dogs out. It’s a song...by a rapper. They didn’t actually say ‘let the dogs out’

Baha Men not popular in Hong Kong.

To me this confirms the animal to human transmission that started in Wuhan wet market. And there are many such markets in Southeast Asia. So, other time bombs are ticking away if they don’t do anything about those wet markets.

To me this confirms the animal to human transmission that started in Wuhan wet market. And there are many such markets in Southeast Asia. So, other time bombs are ticking away if they don’t do anything about those wet markets.
Yeah, lots of possible sources for new animal>>human diseases. Which is why they were being studied since 2005. Too bad the current administration stopped that work.
Scientists Were Hunting for the Next Ebola. Now the U.S. Has Cut Off Their Funding.

I’m still not sure where the buck stops. Over there?

BIKINI

email from dirty dozen in Bikini this morning

Given the continuing uncertainty in the world, we have reviewed our Terms and Conditions. As a result, we have included an important new clause – the Corona Clause. You will see it below. Effectively it covers you if you are prevented from travelling due to Covid-19. We have reissued your booking to reflect this update. All other details of your bookings remain the same as previously. Please discard your previous documentation and use these attachments as your new booking confirmation.

If you cannot travel due to Covid-19, we will honour the monies paid to us and move the booking to a later date. For this to be applicable, one of the following must apply:

You have contracted the virus and can provide medical evidence to support this

OR Your final destination country prevents you from entering due to their governmental guidelines and restrictions on your country of residence

OR Your country of residence prevents you from departing due to their governmental guidelines and restrictions on the embarkation point for the liveaboard

If any of the above do not apply, it is your responsibility to get yourself to the point of embarkation. The ‘Corona Clause’ can be removed at any time.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom