Covert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little biased, but its been selling very well. Scubalab did a 60 second review on the product if you didn't get a chance to see it.

[video=youtube_share;oGAi2otUFwY]http://youtu.be/oGAi2otUFwY[/video]

Obviously aimed at the travel market, its an extremely lightweight BC with weight integrated pockets and Zeagle's usual heavy duty construction. I'm sure other folks will pop in with their opinions soon but if you've got any questions for me just let me know.:coffee:

I'm a little biased, but its been selling very well. Scubalab did a 60 second review on the product if you didn't get a chance to see it.

Obviously aimed at the travel market, its an extremely lightweight BC with weight integrated pockets and Zeagle's usual heavy duty construction. I'm sure other folks will pop in with their opinions soon but if you've got any questions for me just let me know.:coffee:

Have seen the video and the product at one of my LDS but really wanted input from someone who has used it or a video of it being used underwater. :)

I normally dive with a bp/w and take the wing off when I travel....just getting lazy I guess and wanted to have an all-in-one bc for warm water travel. :)

I tried on the S and M....the belt on the S is on the tight side and the M body is a little too long. My shoulder to waist is only 14" so which do you recommend if I decide to get one. Would love a cyber monday discount too *hint*

I tried on the S and M....the belt on the S is on the tight side and the M body is a little too long. My shoulder to waist is only 14" so which do you recommend if I decide to get one.

A snug fit is recommended but comfort should be taken into consideration. With a shoulder to waist measurement of 14" you're on the low side of SM, a size MD would probably not fit properly. So it really is a question of how snug is the fit of a size SM on your waist, the shoulder measurement is typically the most important of the two so we'll want to focus on that being correct first.

I assume that you won't be wearing much more than a 3mm suit?

Is the Covert expected to replace the Express Tech? Seems there would be considerable overlap in utility between the two.

Is the Covert expected to replace the Express Tech? Seems there would be considerable overlap in utility between the two.

Nope, no plans to replace the Express Tech at this time. The Express Tech Deluxe is a BP/W style with a webbing harness while the Covert is a rear inflate BC, sufficiently different enough for them to live together in harmony.

Curious as I am a new Diver looking to buy my gear. Most of What My son and I want to do (right now) is dive the Florida Keys and the Groto's. Is there any reason the Covert would not be good for this? Still not 100% Why I would need say the Ranger or Tech other then when I get into Wreck dive in a couple years.

I guess all the models confuse me and I just never found a good chart that says, if you do this, this is what you need.

. . .
I guess all the models confuse me and I just never found a good chart that says, if you do this, this is what you need.

There is no such chart for the reason that almost all BCs are good for almost all kinds of recreational diving.

The one consideration that might make a difference is that if you travel a lot by air, you might look into some of the BCs that are lightweight and compact. They are sometimes called "travel BCs."

And if you do get into technical diving, you will get a backplate/wing type of BC, and you will find that most of them are pretty similar to each other, too.

I'm in between sizes on the Covert and not getting much help for my LDS so I can order one (they don't have any in stock to try on). Hoping Jeff Zeagle can give some input on this... I'm a 34" waistline (at the belly button, not belt line - 30" at belt line) and a 19" over the shoulder (to belly button height - 21" to center of belt line). Not sure if I should go with a small or medium. I'm leaning towards medium. However, I'll only be doing warm Caribbean water diving with no wetsuit so I don't want to size for a wetsuit. I might wear a rash guard but nothing heavier. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone done any real world diving comparisons between the Covert and the Aqua Lung Zuma (latest model that's a little more durable)? I'd love to hear any input comparing the two.

Back
Top Bottom