Cousteau Micra Adjustable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian Robinson:
Hi Guys
Ive got the chance to buy a set of these second hand , anyone got any feedback on them please?
Thanks ..

That's my set-up. I bought it new for the Cousteay first stage (at the time, the top of the AL/USD line) and reputation of the Micra adj second. I've had them for about two years, and am very pleased -- easy breathing at any depth (I've only had it to 110', but it was a COLD 110'). The Micra is very light, with a minimal profile. Some will complain of bubble interference, but I have yet to use a reg that did *not* have bubble interference. Overall, a very good choice.

There are several comments on this reg in the next topic seach Micra, they are popular and one of the older designs that people still use.

I´ve own one for more than 6 years and still working as new (sea/cousteau first stage)...very good design...i like mostly its small profile and the simple construction. i´ve used always with air in sometimes as deep as 200+ ft with good inspiration craking effort...i read here some time ago than some people felt a increasing breathing work while used it deeper than 180 feet..but i did not noticed at all...i just recommend you a anual overhaul and check its second stage adjustments in order to get all its potential...

I use a pair of them and they work great. I recommend 'em. I bought the first set when they were US Diver's top of the line back in '97. Definitely do the annual overhaul though. I couldn't believe the performance difference after the overhaul: Breathes better, the knob turned easier, etc.

You can still get DIN mounts for the Cousteau as well.

zimm:
I use a pair of them and they work great. I recommend 'em. I bought the first set when they were US Diver's top of the line back in '97. Definitely do the annual overhaul though. I couldn't believe the performance difference after the overhaul: Breathes better, the knob turned easier, etc.

You can still get DIN mounts for the Cousteau as well.

i´m agree with zimm..anual overhaul are always important but in this model ( specially for the second stage) the performance would be better a lot after service..pieces are quite cheap actually....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom