Couple of questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManitouDan

Registered
Reaction score
My 16u son and i will be doing 2-3 dives while in Coz easter week. We have done about 10, maybe 12-14 dives in Cozumel. We have used a couple diff dive op's that were both fine , even though one was considered a "pamper you" op and the other a more basic service. My question -is there any reputable ops offering multi-dive specials in april ? (don't need the speech about saving money on something so serious as diving , I said REPUTABLE op) . I'm budgeting cash for 2 teen's . gets pricey.

Also I would like to see the wreck if there is still one to see ? Is there anything left of the _______ Maybe called c-something ? thanks MD

My 16u son and i will be doing 2-3 dives while in Coz easter week. We have done about 10, maybe 12-14 dives in Cozumel. We have used a couple diff dive op's that were both fine , even though one was considered a "pamper you" op and the other a more basic service. My question -is there any reputable ops offering multi-dive specials in april ? (don't need the speech about saving money on something so serious as diving , I said REPUTABLE op) . I'm budgeting cash for 2 teen's . gets pricey.

Also I would like to see the wreck if there is still one to see ? Is there anything left of the _______ Maybe called c-something ? thanks MD

Hi-email Opal at Scubamaucozumel.com and let her know your thing and she will give you a great price and deliver the great, safe dives you want.
The wreck is the C-53 and there is some cool life starting to grow on it now. I hope you can hit it.

The C-53 is still there. I heard that it moved a little bit, but folks are still diving it.

There are lots of great dive Ops, as you can see, most of the regular Cozumel fans have their favorite. We have dove with Albatros Charters for many years and have been very happy. Give Rita a shout Cozumel - Mexico - Albatros Charters to see if she can help you. Whoever you choose, I am sure your vacation with the kids will be memorable. I dove the C-53 a few months ago and it was lots of fun. Try and get to it this vacation. Again, enjoy your trip.

Hey Dan

I am planning a trip to Cozumel and saw on another thread that you are staying at Casa del Mar. Their in-house operation, Del Mar Aquatics, has 2 tank dives for $58 and offers discounts for multiple days/groups.

Chug

A lot, maybe even most shops offer multi-dive packages or at least may charge less per dive for multi-day diving than they would for a single days diving, I don't think that is unusual.

Dive wtih Martin offers specials of a free one tank twilight dive or free video with a multi-dive package of 5 dives or more. Check website for specifics.

Other highly recommended ops:

Blue Angel, similar pricing to DWM, better if you stay at Blue Angel Resort (formerly Caribe Blu), fast boats, good DM's & captains.

BlueXTSea, more personal service, Christi and crew will do you right.

& Bottom time divers small op run by Raul Plates, one of the most saftey minded guys and one of my favorite DM's

all very good dive ops

The wreck is called the C-53 or the Felipe Xicotenantl is still there and still a great dive. Lots of life and all the passageways are still open. It did get a little more wrecked during Wilma a few years ago but it is dove just as much as before. If anyone was lucky enough to see the bait ball that was on it a few months back it was a real treat. here is a nice video of it i found.
Bait Ball on wreck C-53, Cozumel, Mexico ( dive cozumel ) video clip

My 15 and 12 year old sons will be there the 10th -17th diving with BlueXTsea. They will be doing their AOW with Chisti's shop. Even though the kids are fish, I wanted to make sure they were in safe hands.

Hey, I don't post much, but read this one. I dove with Blue Magic a couple of months ago. New owners of a former dive operator. They did a GREAT job and were eager to please. Also, with teens, maybe they don't want to go out QUITE as early? They have 9:00-9:30 departures from Caleta which might work for you. Great dive masters too, a few of the best and most requested on the island work for them. If you go there, let me know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom