Couple of questions on UK diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go drysuit if you can! Contact your instructor to see if borrowing a drysuit is a possibiity and .. welcome to UK Diving :)

I know that Vobster has a stock of rental drysuits. I just need to learn to dive in one. And thanks. I'm hoping to hit up the dive club either this week or next week.

welcome to the UK, you got sunshine too:)

join the local club & ask someone to lend you a drysuit & take you in the pool. it's not difficult really you might find ankle weights a help at first, just to stop you ascending feet first, but once you've had a bit of practise it starts to come naturally.

And I now own a drysuit. I don't really fit stock rental suits too well, so it was just easier to buy one. Luckily, the shop I frequent near my flat had a Typhoon TRX in stock that fit me. And I got some fourth element undergarments, which fit surprisingly well actually. I'm finishing up my drysuit course tomorrow at Wraysbury, so all should be good. Now I just need to get diving :)

And I now own a drysuit. I don't really fit stock rental suits too well, so it was just easier to buy one. Luckily, the shop I frequent near my flat had a Typhoon TRX in stock that fit me. And I got some fourth element undergarments, which fit surprisingly well actually. I'm finishing up my drysuit course tomorrow at Wraysbury, so all should be good. Now I just need to get diving :)

congratulations, you are the first person i have met whose fourth element stuff actually fits! BUT it's so warm i'm not really complaining. Have you tried the socks:)

We were laughing over the weekend that divers are probably the only group of people who can have deep conversations about underwear without there being any risque connotations.

Sylpha,

My 4th Element stuff fits as well so now you know 2 people! Arctic socks are wonderful!
Deep conversations with folk who use KYJelly and wear rubber is a bit dodgy though:)

Rivers,
Smart move getting a drysuit - well done !

It was a balmy 14 deg C at Wraysbury today. But I was nice and toasty (actually a little too toasty at times) in my new suit. Holy hell though. I need to dive a lot more to get used to it though. Definitely a combination of pool and shallow quarry work needed. Anyone in the London area fancy heading to Wraysbury at some point soon? I need to practice :)

Sylpha,

My 4th Element stuff fits as well so now you know 2 people! Arctic socks are wonderful!
Deep conversations with folk who use KYJelly and wear rubber is a bit dodgy though:)

Rivers,
Smart move getting a drysuit - well done !

wow 2 people how exciting.

a tip, go into a farming supplies store ( SCATS is good) and buy 'Agrigel' it's what vets etc use for birthing sheep etc, it's very similar to KY jelly & only about £ 2.50 a litre!

t'uther 'arf went into the Penhalligans shop in Windsor to buy me a birthday pressie. they got all excited when he said yest to their seuugestions of my favourite smellies, that was till they suggested the talc & he (without thinking) said 'no thanks she uses birthing gel!'

Sylpha,
ASDA does a cheaper version of KY so baaaaaaaaaaaaahhh god I'll stick to that :)

Back
Top Bottom