Couple of questions on UK diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when you get here start looking at the second hand market, you can often get bargains there. i'm no longer a member of a training club, but when i was we would get people every year who would join, go to the dive show, spend a fortune on new kit then at the end of the year decide that diving wasn't for them & sell their kit.

also consider what you wear under it, for the winter & spring i like the fourth element stuff - despite it not fitting anyone i know :)D) it is warm, in summer & autumn i like the point below base stuff - apart from the tape covering the neck & wrists it dries out really quickly (that's me glowing (i like to think i'm a lady) not leaking dry suit)

Did you bump into the 3 amigos from Bo'ness? - they did describe it at Baltic though!

We're diving Loch Carron ths weekend, assuming the roads improve, I'd be very surprised if we bump into any other divers

Lucky you, Loch Carron is lovely, I was up there in midsummer and we saw loads of interesting stuff; flame shells, thornback rays and Bill and Ben put on an underwater show for us.

Loch Carron didn't disappoint despite truly atrocious weather ( F9 wind and torrential rain!)
Slow drift round Strome Castle onto the wall which is always very pretty even in winter), then HW slack at Conservation Bay - lobster, peacock worms, coral worms, ling, assorted wrasse, langoustines, crabs etc etc etc. Very pleasant evening in the Loch Carron hotel, fueled by good food and decent beer or two then another pleasant dive at slack water at Strome pier again, this time going in the opposite direction - next trip Kinlochbervie :)

So it looks like I will be living in Kingston. Does anyone know of any dive clubs in the area? Also, it looks as though I am taking Fundies this summer as well at Vobster. What is the water temp in the quarries during the summer months?

Rivers,
Quarries will typically range from 14-17C in the summer (End of July to start of October). My fundies was at Vobster in mid September and the temp was 17C.

Rivers,
Quarries will typically range from 14-17C in the summer (End of July to start of October). My fundies was at Vobster in mid September and the temp was 17C.

So, I'm looking at a 7 mm or learning to dive dry when I take fundies in July then. By the way, I'm in the UK :)

Go drysuit if you can! Contact your instructor to see if borrowing a drysuit is a possibiity and .. welcome to UK Diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom