Couldn't complete OWD, distraught & lost all confidence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I paid extra for private lessons and am very glad I did.....I didn't want to be with a group of people and had a wonderful experience with my private lessons. Find another shop and instructor and shell out the few extra dollars for private lessons. I think you'll be glad in the end. I certainly was and am now certified.

It is alternately sad and gratifying to come in after such an instructor. But in the end it is really cool to watch a student learn and enjoy diving, having put the trauma behind them.

Doesn't quite jibe with the earlier paragraph about being logical and relaxed and not getting too emotional, does it?

I don't suppose the OP's gender had anything to do with his assessment that her seeking input from people who are knowledgeable on the subject constitutes losing control of her emotions. If she'd handled the situation with obscene gestures, could she then be considered calm and logical? Or is that impossible unless she has some actual nuts to grab?

Yeah, you have a point. Everyone deals with stress differently. Some people (like the OP) have a good cry, let it all out, and move on. Some people keep it bottled up, then use offensive gestures and grab their nuts... apparently.

ps... I don't think nut-grabbing is a universal response to the kind of stress Charles described in his post. Charles seems to be... ummm... "unique."

Yeah, you have a point. Everyone deals with stress differently. Some people (like the OP) have a good cry, let it all out, and move on. Some people keep it bottled up, then use offensive gestures and grab their nuts... apparently.

ps... I don't think nut-grabbing is a universal response to the kind of stress Charles described in his post. Charles seems to be... ummm... "unique."

As an instructor, how would you react to the finger, nut grab combo? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom