Could someone in Singapore give me a couple of prices please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeflyer

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be moving to Brunei next spring, and need to decide whether to buy my new gear here in the US now or over in Singapore when I get there.

I'm looking to buy two regulator sets, Apeks DST/ATX50/ATX40, and two computers either Suunto Vytek or Oceanic VT Pro.

If anyone happens to know what sort of price these go for in Singapore I would appreciate it very much. I haven't had any reply from the emails I sent to the distributors over there.

Many thanks,

J.

I don't know the price of Apeks regs in Singapore but based on my experience with Scubapro I would think that you are better buying it in the US (Regs in Singapore are more expensive than in Europe).
Not sure about Vytec, but Stinger is around 700 SGD

Checking Leisurepro, the stinger retails for US$499, which is 860 singapore dollars. Looks like they might be a fair bit cheaper over there. Be interesting to get a price on the other models.

Is there any additional tax to take into account? They put tax on top of everything over here.

Thanks for your help,

J.

Freeflyer - There is 4% GST in Singapore but you can claim it back at the airport when you leave the country. Also when you buy diving equipment in Singapore, always remember that you are expected to bargain a bit...

mmm...looks like they've revamped their website. They only have camera equipment listed. Sorry.

Try contacting Divemasters Pratama.

They are the dealers for Apeks.

http://www.divemastersonline.com/1.htm

I had inquired abt the ATX50 with AT20 octoshort while ago. If I remember correctly, the price quoted was about S$750.

The Stinger usually retails for about S$760 - S$800, depending on the fluctations of the euro.

Freeflyer once bubbled...
Hi,

I'm going to be moving to Brunei next spring, and need to decide whether to buy my new gear here in the US now or over in Singapore when I get there.

I'm looking to buy two regulator sets, Apeks DST/ATX50/ATX40, and two computers either Suunto Vytek or Oceanic VT Pro.

If anyone happens to know what sort of price these go for in Singapore I would appreciate it very much. I haven't had any reply from the emails I sent to the distributors over there.

Many thanks,

J.

Freeflyer... for Apeks ATX50 (with DST first stage) - expect to pay no more than S$550 (GST inclusive/not applicable).

Most Apeks Octopus/second stage are in the range of S$250+- but am not sure if the distributor have ATX40 here in Singapore. The common one found here are TX50 & AT20.

Expect to pay close to S$1k for Vytek, Stinger won't cost you more than S$750... if they do... you went to the wrong place!

And lucky you!!! Brunei = not more than an hour of flight to the best diving in the region (Layang-Layang, Sipadan, etc...) ENVY!!!!

Yeah, I emailed them a week ago and haven't had any reply. Tried again today and we'll see. Not holding out too much hope though, that's why I posted the question here, I've sent emails to the apeks distributor and the oceanic distributor out in singapore and neither have got back to me.

Thanks though,

J.

Freeflyer once bubbled...
Yeah, I emailed them a week ago and haven't had any reply. Tried again today and we'll see. Not holding out too much hope though, that's why I posted the question here, I've sent emails to the apeks distributor and the oceanic distributor out in singapore and neither have got back to me.

Thanks though,

J.

For a start, you may want to note that they are closed on weekends...

And, these businesses don't really have the tendency to reply your email within 24 hours turnaround time... I have had experience that they reply you after 1~2 weeks...

Best way to enquire is to pick up the phone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom