COSTCO Scuba Set, $350???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
I can understand getting on the boat, and getting tanks filled, but have never expereinced buy gear (in Florida anyway...)

What if it were a gift from a non-diver?

JAG
hmmmm....hasn't happend to me yet, so I can't say. I was just wondering anyway...

The people that sell their stuff on ebay don't check either...I guess it is sometimes just to vast to cover all the time...

As for buying gear without a cert card. It is done all the time. My family has bought me several items from our LDS. If you had to have proof then why is it that you can buy over the internet? Where they get you in with the tank fills, no card, no fill. No fill, no dive.

From talking to people that have been involved with SCUBA for years it was possible years ago (10 to 15) to go into many sporting goods stores and buy everything you needed to go diving without any cert, yes including air. In fact on the tank were the instructions on how to dive. Kind of like anything else, one lawsuit and it will all be done with. I really don't think that a LDS has anything to worry about.

I can tell you that you don't have to show any C cards to buy just about anything you want here in Thailand. OK if you show your Instructor card you get 20% off.

Back
Top Bottom