COSTCO Scuba Set, $350???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last yar or the year before Costco in canada,quebec was selling scubagear allthough i think it was in conjuction with one LDS

Prices were not that vcompetitive though and all LDS new if you got your gear there....

IDI closed down, the goods were probably closeout items. XS Scuba is possibly going to be providing regulator parts for IDI regs in future.

OK
That's an important point here. The regs especially looked cheap, I was wondering where someone would get them serviced, especialy here in Japan...

JAG

jagfish:
I was just in our local COSTCO last night, yup we even have them in Japan now.

There is a scuba set on sale for the equivalent of about 350 bucks, or maybe just a little less. It is made by IDI. Has the Scuba Lab choice mark on it, though I have not researched that yet.

Includes BC, reg, octo and a an analog guage console.

Is this set oferred in the US? To my horror, I heard that someone in our club here has bought the setup, though I have not communicated with them yet.

Any news on this one?

JAG

Is COSTCO now selling The Mini-B? :11:

Jim, after DEMA 2004, I plan to be able to service the IDI regs to be marketed and supported by XS Scuba.

We're getting in a complete new fleet of rental gear that still has the IDI logo on it, will change to XS Scuba in October. It is inexpensive but good quality, having the required "Rodale's Seal" on them.

What models were they? I can't understand those prices, they would be way below dealer cost.

Contact me offline over a pint and I will discuss with you.

Cheers,

Interestng...
The entire set comes in a sealed plastic roll. The BC comes in three sizes but it's impossible to try the BC on without destroying the packaging. The kit sports the "Scuba Lab Tester's Choice", but does not specify for which component. Rodales does not have any reviews I can find for entre setups, though I did find some low end IDI Seaira regulators that won "Choice". Not clear if it is one of the ones included in the kit...but that might explain it.

JAG

That's typical of Costco and the reason why people go to true dive retailers (LDS) to try on equipment and a proper fitting, and get good information.

We check at our shop - if you don't have a card ( or don't show up on Padi's website), you don't get on the boat, get tanks filled or get scuba gear (besides msf).

Back
Top Bottom