Costa Rica, suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!,

I will be in Costa Rica for 10 days at the beginning of May. I will mostly be surfing in the Tamarindo area but would love to take a day and go diving if possible. Can anyone suggest a shop or place near Tamarindo that can set me up with a few dives? I will have access to transportation but would rather it be all inclusive.

Thanks!

Hello Clammy ,

How are you?

I'm an instructor at Rich Coast diving Playas del Coco, more or less 45 min from Tamarindo by car. Defenitely worth the drive up here, I can tell you that.

As you might have heard, the province of Guanacaste is considert the best of Costa Rica when it comes to diving. Untill May we visit the Giant Manta Rays at the Catalina Islands and from May on there's a good change you'll face a Bull shark at the Bat Islands. Not only that, there's also a lot to see during our so called 'local dives' which are dive sites located no more than 20 minutes away from shore. The amount and variety of fish is really going to surprise you. There's small underwater life like seahorses and nudibranches, but also the big 'guys' like different kinds of rays and sharks.

We go out by boat every morning around 8.30 for a two tank local dive and we will return around 1 pm. For the Cat and Bat Islands we need a minimum of 3 persons for a 3 tank dive, 4 persons for a 2 tank dive.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Cindy de Bruyn

Martin and Brenda van Gestel
Rich Coast Diving
PADI 5* IDC Center
Playas del Coco
Guanacaste 5019
Costa Rica
richcoastdiving@windowslive.com
Rich Coast Diving - Costa Rica Diving and Adventure
dive@richcoastdiving.com
+506 2670 0176
+506 8391 4890

Clammy,
below the dive shops (i know) around Tamarindo:
directly in Tamarindo you will find:
Aguarica Agua Rica Diving Center - Playa Tamarindo Costa Rica
There are some divings in the nearby Flamingo too and they have the Islas Catalinas just in front.
Costa-Rica Dive Barbara
Acquacenter Aquacenter Diving Costa Rica, Scuba Diving and Adventure Tours in Costa Rica

More north in Playas del Coco are several dive shops too.

Enjoy your dives!

Chris

Hi!,

I will be in Costa Rica for 10 days at the beginning of May. I will mostly be surfing in the Tamarindo area but would love to take a day and go diving if possible. Can anyone suggest a shop or place near Tamarindo that can set me up with a few dives? I will have access to transportation but would rather it be all inclusive.

Thanks!

Brian! :hugs:

I stay north of Tamarindo the last time I was in Costa Rica. You can't go wrong with any of the shops above. If you get an opportunity get to Catalina and Bats Island do it. The shops will require you to do a local dive with them before letting you sign up for Catalina and Bats. I was lucky to see Giant Manta Rays at Catalina and seven bull sharks at Bats!

So excited you're headed to Costa Rica, you lucky dog!

Herradura,

Costa-Rica Dive Barbara... their web site is showing last updates in 2007... they still in business?

Aggie_Diver,
as far as i know they are still working. Try to contact them by email or by phone.
I would have done this for you, but i closed the shop for the upcoming rain season and i am in Europe till November.
If you get no contact you may go diving with Aguacenter or Pura Vida Divers. They are both great dive operators with years of experience.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom