Question Diving in Jaco Costa Rica or Tamarindo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have access to a condo in Jaco in August - Is there any good diving in that area and if so, can anyone recommend a Dive op?
Also, one in Tamarindo- any suggestions on dive ops there?
I don't know about that area, but would highly recommend getting down to Uvita and taking a boat ride to Cano Island. One of my favorite sites, ever. Lots of giant manta rays, turtles, etc.

I don't know about that area, but would highly recommend getting down to Uvita and taking a boat ride to Cano Island. One of my favorite sites, ever. Lots of giant manta rays, turtles, etc.
Hummm- good info for a possible return trip - but it's like a 6 hour drive from Tamarindo so it won't be happening on this trip!

Just starting my research for a spring trip. Looks like the closest dive spot to Tamarindo is Islas Catalinas, with operators leaving from Flamingo - about a half hour crossing and two one-tank dives.

Just starting my research for a spring trip. Looks like the closest dive spot to Tamarindo is Islas Catalinas, with operators leaving from Flamingo - about a half hour crossing and two one-tank dives.
I did find a few right in Tamarindo- Scuba Tamarindo, Diving Nomads, Tamarindo Diving Center, Be water Diving, Scuba Dive Costa Rica-Tamarindo, Whitetip Diving, Evasion Diving..... all of them seem to have good reviews and they all advertise that they go to Catalinas Islands- So, I'll just have to do MORE homework and contact a few of them to see what fits best for my friend and me.
That is unless SOMEONE out there can recommend one over the other!
I really do like Rocket Frog BUT, they are a half hour drive away (compared to all these I listed which are within walking distance) and.... more expensive!

I did find a few right in Tamarindo- Scuba Tamarindo, Diving Nomads, Tamarindo Diving Center, Be water Diving, Scuba Dive Costa Rica-Tamarindo, Whitetip Diving, Evasion Diving..... all of them seem to have good reviews and they all advertise that they go to Catalinas Islands- So, I'll just have to do MORE homework and contact a few of them to see what fits best for my friend and me.
That is unless SOMEONE out there can recommend one over the other!
I really do like Rocket Frog BUT, they are a half hour drive away (compared to all these I listed which are within walking distance) and.... more expensive!
I’ll have to check them all out. If I understand Be Water Diving’s website correctly, they run you from Tamarindo up to their dive shop in Flamingo, get you equipped, and leave from Flamingo to Islas Catalinas.

I’ll have to check them all out. If I understand Be Water Diving’s website correctly, they run you from Tamarindo up to their dive shop in Flamingo, get you equipped, and leave from Flamingo to Islas Catalinas.
Good possibility - I talked with the gal who I'm renting from and she said that all the dive shops go up to Catalina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom