Costa Concordia Salvage Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know the basis for the one piece salvage? They can't possibly plan on rebuilding it, no one would cruise on it, and it would never be seaworthy. I've worked with Titan before, and when they are done, you'd never know that they had been there.

Wookie, as far as I know, the plan is definitely to rebuild it.
Far, far removed from my sphere of expertise and probably closer to yours - I also thought it was far fetched.

I'm not an expert - but no way would I sign up for a cruise on any sort of restored Costa Concordia. Would any of you?

I am hardly an expert, but ships are meant to float. Ships aground get stresses placed on them that they were not only not designed for, they aren't calculable. Additionally, the water is designed to be on the outside of the people tank, not inside. They will discover corrosion in places they didn't know they had places....

Not sure if anyone else knows this, but there was a video on youtube of the CC slamming into the dock some years back under the command of a different Capt. With two strikes against her I think its time to call it quits.

The ship is headed to the scrap yard, after its floated off the reef.

No way that I would ever go on that ship, I would not believe that everything had been fixed properly. My car would be totaled and just scarp value, so should this ship.

If they did rebuild it, all they would have to do is rename it, and the average customer would never make the connection.

Back
Top Bottom