Costa Concordia Salvage Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand removing everything afterwards - what a great artificial reef that platform could be!

What a great challenge! I wonder if they have a need for an old diver? :daydreaming:

What a great challenge! I wonder if they have a need for an old diver? :daydreaming:

Dream job, but you can be sure the pay will be crappy. Surface supplied air, shallow, all guaranteed to make it not worthwhile. We are keeping an eye out for who finally gets the contract - it is far from sealed yet, from what I hear.

I thought Titan had it in the bag....

Holy crap, who is paying for that? Lloyds must be crapping their pants....

How sensitive is that area? Seems like it'd be a lot easier to just kick it down the slope into the depths of the sea. Wouldn't be the first deep water wreck the seas have ever seen.

Its going to be a big bill, no matter what :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 PM ----------

How sensitive is that area? Seems like it'd be a lot easier to just kick it down the slope into the depths of the sea. Wouldn't be the first deep water wreck the seas have ever seen.

They are going to rebuild the ship.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Titans got the overall salvage contract along with an Italian company - but they will farm out a lot of the diving work, which are the contracts everyone is looking for. Possibly Kreuz Sub Sea, who has been the cheapest quote on a lot of these types of jobs lately.

Heres my thoughts, whether anyone cares or not is another story : That salvage plan had to guarantee it salvaged in one piece. Good luck. You can plan for a successful salvage within those requirements but it only takes one problem to turn it into a rip and scrap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom