Cost of IDC in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steff

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me what the average cost of the PADI IDC is in Hawaii? The place I would like to go charges $1,500 or $1,800 with EFR (both without the exam or materials.) Does this sound normal/reasonable?

Thanks!

Tuition at Maui Dreams Dive Co. is $1100 for the IDC and $300 for EFRI. You'll need to factor in materials, application and exam fees as well.

Instructor Courses Costs

Remember that EFRI (or similar CPR/FA Instructor certification) is now required to be certified as a new PADI OWSI.

Steff,

Congratulations on choosing Hawaii to do your IDC. Ocean Concepts on Oahu can offer you the IDC for $1500 (includes IDC and EFRI). You will also have to consider the following fees:

IDC Fee (paid directly to PADI) = $485
Exam Fee (paid directly to PADI) = $105

The prices around the island should be pretty similar, but the biggest thing you should consider is the success rate of the shop. Don’t be afraid to ask about their pass/fail rate.

If you have a facebook account, feel free to join two groups I have started. You can do a group search for "Ocean Concepts Divers" and "Oahu Dive Instructors". The instructor page will give you the PADI IE dates in Honolulu.

If you need further information or have any specific questions we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Joanna M.
Course Director

Carlos S.
IDC Staff Instructor

Aloha! Our IDC is $1,150 (+ the $485 and $105 PADI fees and your PADI materials). The EFR is $250.

Let us know if you have questions at any time. Our Course Director is Elaine Blank.

Mahalo, Angela and the staff of Jack's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom