cost of dives on Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to Bora Bora!!!!!

How much does it cost to dive there? I was told $100 for a two tank boat dive(a little more than I am used paying in Cozumel). My dives are scheduled with Top Dive-but I wanted to dive more-should I use them or look elsewhere when i get there?

Is there any dive in particular that I should not miss?

Can I dive from the beach or is everthing a boat dive?(honestly as long as I'm in the water I think I'll be happy)

I'm going to Bora Bora!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Mike

Mike
That's about right I'm afraid.
We dived with Bora Dive Center in March - 2 dives cost 10800F (about $105) per person. As far as I know, there are no beach dives - the good dives are all in the lagoon mouth or open water.

That seems about right to me, as well - one thing you cannot say about Bora Bora is that it's an economical place to visit.

We did boat dives with TopDive there, as well, all were outside the lagoon. They cut me a 10-dive package deal (you could split it between two people) so you might want to ask about that sort of thing - this was in 1997.

I believe that's about par for that particular course. Was worth it in my opinion. We were "guaranteed" to see mantas, and did almost immediately upon descent. PM me if you need more of a dive report.

Zimpod

Mike-French Polynesia is very expensive to say the least..but worth it! One of the most beautiful places I have been!
Everything is expensive..even at the local store!

There is a pass where the lagoon exchanges into the ocean or vis versa(Id have to check the log)tiapu or tipu -thats a great dive..there all good!

Have fun!
Drew

Drew
You are probably thinking of Tiputa Pass on Rangiroa - underwater flying at its best!

Yes the economy of FP is really bizarre. In a shop at Bora I saw $5 for a bag of rotting lettuce imported from Romania; and my favorites oddities - imported packet mango juice, and tins of coconut milk imported from Thailand!
Denis

We spent over two weeks in the FP's this past August. Diving is best in open water - absolutely one of the best diving experiences I have ever had. Visibility is over 100', water is the most indescribable cobalt blue, and the reefs are immense.
For my money, Rangiroa was the best diving - it is the second largest atoll in the world and has a massive reef to explore. The tipitu drift dive is fast and uninteresting (all the corral is dead, and hardly any marine life).

Moorea also has some great diving (and IMO more beautiful and interesting that Bora Bora). I did not dive Bora Bora, as we had only 3 days and it was heavier rains, so visibility was greatly diminished. Bora Bora has a huge lagoon, but as mentioned dive in OW.

I used Top Dive in Moorea and Rangiroa and was very pleased with their service and DM site selections. Best thing to do is buy a dive package of 10 dives. It'll save you about 20%, and trust me, you'll want to do three dives per day and more. Highly recommend the night diving in Rangiroa as well.

Hi 1fastcay, does Top Dive have accommodation on both Rangiroa and Moorea. How did you dive both places?

I haven't been to FP but going 5-16 Feb 06 to Moorea & BB. Topdive's only owned accomodation is on BB. On Moorea they are located at the Sheraton & Cook's bay. Others may help you w/Rangi.

Liangness:
Hi 1fastcay, does Top Dive have accommodation on both Rangiroa and Moorea. How did you dive both places?

Mike: When are you headed to FP?

buff:
I'm going to Bora Bora!!!!!

How much does it cost to dive there? I was told $100 for a two tank boat dive(a little more than I am used paying in Cozumel). My dives are scheduled with Top Dive-but I wanted to dive more-should I use them or look elsewhere when i get there?

Is there any dive in particular that I should not miss?

Can I dive from the beach or is everthing a boat dive?(honestly as long as I'm in the water I think I'll be happy)

I'm going to Bora Bora!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom