Cost of dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler Winchell

Registered
Reaction score
So me amd my gf have $4750 to use betweem us for scuba, local shop said its 865 for open water included, so 3020 left, now what bout gear and spearfishing gun, wetsuits everything tanks bc’s knifes gloves how much for everything n will we have enough

Buy the basics and rent the rest until you have a bit more experience.

So me amd my gf have $4750 to use betweem us for scuba, local shop said its 865 for open water included, so 3020 left

Are those numbers USD? OW does NOT cost $865 per person. If your LDS is charging you $865 USD per person for OW certification, they are ripping you off.

As a point of comparison, OW cert in a group class is $200 per person here in Dallas. This includes rental equipment (regs, BCD, wetsuit, tank) but not the basics (mask, fins, snorkel). Add about $100 more in other associated expenses (park fees, air fills, tips).

Last edited:
I would start with looking around for another shop if it is $865 per person. Where are you located? There maybe some board members in your area that can help point you toward a more reasonable price.

I would start with looking around for another shop if it is $865 per person. Where are you located? There maybe some board members in your area that can help point you toward a more reasonable price.

If the cost is for two people-still overpriced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom