Corrupt immigration in Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
Not an unreasonable value for travelling divers.
1. Probably a reaction to unreliable Brazilian credit cards. Even though I have a couple of cards with fairly high limits the computers block them far too easily whenever my purchasing pattern deviates from normal and this causes real inconvenience.
2. If Cuba was in the circuit any credit cards with American banking connections are not accepted.
3. By paying cash in most Caribbean countries you can negotiate better discounts on prices.

Mike - I definitely understand the problems with credit cards. I'd suggest that people with those concerns try calling the bank ahead of time to let them know where they are travelling Always a good idea to prevent transactions from being denied... (cowboyneal - not looking to rekindle that privacy discussion from the ABC Islands forum :wink: )

Also, i'd rather bring ATM/Debit card(s) in place of that much cash. It's a lot safer in the end... Lose $4K and it's gone. Lose an ATM card and you just get it replaced...

As for the way those divers were treated, it's an absolute shame...

Blackbeards:
I would have liked to have been a fly on that wall to see what the trigger mechanism was.

Exactly.

I always carry travelers checks. Save, easily accepted. :wink:

I wonder if this incident was in part because of the resingation of the head of Immigration...?

cowboyneal:
They're just lucky they weren't trying to enter the US, where they possibly could have disappeared into a secret prison, not afforded legal representation and held indefinitely without charges...

Hmm im heading to Nassau this weekend, hope i dont run into any trouble! Oh and Neil rather than the bus you rode in on as you mention in your sig, might I suggest you change it to a horse...you know the saying, right?

miketsp:
This has been proven scientifically based on the presence of a determined alga that requires light for its survival and is found at deeper depths in the Bahamas than anywhere else on the planet.
I was with the team that found the algae, it was on a rock brought up from 800 feet by the Deep Rover submersible. I do not think that there has been any significant effort expended to look for this algae anywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom