Corrective lenses for scuba mask, lost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is a deep blue mask, which diopter

FEATURES​

>​
Available in Left and Right
pixel.gif
>​
Negative Diopters: -1.0 to -8.0
pixel.gif
>​
Positive Diopters: +1.0 to +4.5​

I'm considering replacing the computer console with a wrist computer model, but there are so many to choose from I can't make up my mind.
I’m not sure whether the hard to read part refers to the layout of the console computer screen, or your eyes not being able to focus on it. If the latter, a wrist computer won’t help, you need reader or bifocal lenses in your mask. If the former, in the question seems a little like what color of mask should I buy. It’s just personal preference depending on how well you like the layout and what it shows. You can get a Shearwater, and then you’ll need to wave it in front of everybody’s noses so they can see that you’re the coolest kid on the block. If you go that route, I’d avoid the new consumery lower price Shearwater, as it’s not air integrated so you wouldn’t have a tank transmitter telling you what your tank pressure is. Perhaps some day Hitler’s Galileo will go on sale; that would be a historically interesting computer.

Do they make masks that have corrective lenses ground into the leans windows? Do they make masks with corrective lens holders to swap out lenses as vision changes?

Genesis RX! Great mask in my honest opinion. does me wonders underwater!

Do they make masks that have corrective lenses ground into the leans windows? Do they make masks with corrective lens holders to swap out lenses as vision changes?
Mine are glued on.

PS: Some manufacturers, like Atomic, have some masks, like the Subframe, that allow the entire default lens to be replaced with a lens with certain prescription powers when you buy it. But that doesn't give you bifocals.

Yes.
No, but the entire glass window can be replaced with one that has a prescription ground into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom