Correct tanks for 6.5mm Wetsuit Sidemount Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailfishX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

What would good tanks for recreational double sidemount diving with a 6.5mm wetsuit be?:blinking:
I'm 192cm/6'3" tall and weigh 82kg/181lbs.

I'm currently diving a DIR 2x8.5L BPW setup. I was planning on getting a dry suit, hence the reason for getting steel tanks and steel BP, but I have found that I prefer to stick with my 6.5mm wetsuit for my local diving. Never been cold in it and very nice to not have to struggle with possible typical dry suit related issues; like "light feet", suit squeeze etc.

After studying a lot about sidemount diving for a while now, I'm interested in maybe selling off my BPW rig to get a sidemount system. This will allow for more freedom of movement in the water, for easier transport of rig on land, and for easier donning and doffing of tanks. The xDeep 2.0 looks sweet!:cool2:

All help is much appreciated!:coffee:

Tom-André

I just got back from mexico where I took a sidemount course with protec.... the stealth is freaking sweet

Back
Top Bottom