Coron Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquapro, what can u do in Banana & Malcapuya?

well...

banana island is around 1½ hrs away from coron. we arrived there at night so all we did was drink to death. signal is ok in the beach (globe). you can do some volleyball, spearfishing, snorkling.... uhm.. thats about it i think hehe... the rooms here have no A/C, the bathrooms have no shower (so you have to use a water dipper) and it seems that its hard to get around some fresh water here too... the toilets are not so nice, but doable. i guess since we were just drunk the whole time it helped staying in this place.. but again with the food... it was just great, freshest fish and crabs ive ever tried. (my whole stay in coron, where ever i was, the food was just great)

malcapuya island is near banana island (you can actually see the other island). we decided to go here for the next night thinking it would be better to stay becuase we wanted A/C and better rooms. ok well it had A/C and nicer rooms but this is where i had to take a shower using salt water, there was no fresh water for showering. =(
that was not cool actually hehe. but again the food was great! what is there to do here? well i dunno really, we arrived here at night too after island hoping, so we again proceeded to drinking all the alcohol left that we brought since it was our last night hehe. oh and signal here is very hard.. i had to climb a hill in the middle of the night just to send a text and make a call. it was freakin dark. that was not cool either.

bottomline is, i woudnt really recommend these two islands. but i have to say it was an experience i wudnt forget either. they both run on generator for electricity. they have nice beaches tho. so would i go back to these islands? maybe not :wink:

Evie, If I did not have 3 flat tires I think the trip would have been significantly shorter. You can also hire a van and driver for a couple of thousand to ensure a smooth trip :) .

Evie, If I did not have 3 flat tires I think the trip would have been significantly shorter. You can also hire a van and driver for a couple of thousand to ensure a smooth trip :) .

oh no.. :(
Hmm.. Ill try to convince my buddy to come w/ me... or maybe join another group if ever..

well...

banana island is around 1½ hrs away from coron. we arrived there at night so all we did was drink to death. signal is ok in the beach (globe). you can do some volleyball, spearfishing, snorkling.... uhm.. thats about it i think hehe... the rooms here have no A/C, the bathrooms have no shower (so you have to use a water dipper) and it seems that its hard to get around some fresh water here too... the toilets are not so nice, but doable. i guess since we were just drunk the whole time it helped staying in this place.. but again with the food... it was just great, freshest fish and crabs ive ever tried. (my whole stay in coron, where ever i was, the food was just great)

malcapuya island is near banana island (you can actually see the other island). we decided to go here for the next night thinking it would be better to stay becuase we wanted A/C and better rooms. ok well it had A/C and nicer rooms but this is where i had to take a shower using salt water, there was no fresh water for showering. =(
that was not cool actually hehe. but again the food was great! what is there to do here? well i dunno really, we arrived here at night too after island hoping, so we again proceeded to drinking all the alcohol left that we brought since it was our last night hehe. oh and signal here is very hard.. i had to climb a hill in the middle of the night just to send a text and make a call. it was freakin dark. that was not cool either.

bottomline is, i woudnt really recommend these two islands. but i have to say it was an experience i wudnt forget either. they both run on generator for electricity. they have nice beaches tho. so would i go back to these islands? maybe not :wink:

Naku.. I think I'll pass on these two... Am a bit 'ma-arte' when it comes to banyo. Dnt mind using 'tabo' but have to have freshwater, not salt water for bath... :(
& with d weather this hot now, need a/c.

was trying to embed a video but dunno how..

all set for 2mrw's trip to Coron! After d wrecks, will dive w/ Dugong Dive Center for Koguzan Maru, then hopefully see dugong in d afternoon. Reserved slots also w/ El Rio for Calauit on our last day. :)

all set for 2mrw's trip to Coron! After d wrecks, will dive w/ Dugong Dive Center for Koguzan Maru, then hopefully see dugong in d afternoon. Reserved slots also w/ El Rio for Calauit on our last day. :)

Kyoguzan Maru is the best. Rarely visited by day boat because of the location.
Be careful of the asbestos!!

there is asbestos in the wreck? what will be the impact on health of divers? now i am worried since i dove there a few years ago...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom