Cornelius compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaun_Mc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My father in law offered me a compressor that he used to use for diving that he “acquired” from the navy in the early 70’s? He used to fill right off of it but i know I wouldn’t use it unless i added a filter stack among other modifications. If i were to take this on, what am I getting myself into? The current setup looks like it just has the gauge and hose whip coming straight off the compressor. It has been in his garage for a very long time, is it feasible to use? I’m sure i need to replace some stuff, but is it even worth looking at? I may go back to his house later to dig it out and clean it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 284170E1-917D-49BE-916D-160CB91FC14F.jpeg
    284170E1-917D-49BE-916D-160CB91FC14F.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 93
  • D1D1BF03-CC9B-45DE-8C91-D8E961AA7484.jpeg
    D1D1BF03-CC9B-45DE-8C91-D8E961AA7484.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 8A1D548F-6293-4D4A-84D9-008D781ADB65.jpeg
    8A1D548F-6293-4D4A-84D9-008D781ADB65.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 90
My father in law offered me a compressor that he used to use for diving that he “acquired” from the navy in the early 70’s? He used to fill right off of it but i know I wouldn’t use it unless i added a filter stack among other modifications. If i were to take this on, what am I getting myself into? The current setup looks like it just has the gauge and hose whip coming straight off the compressor. It has been in his garage for a very long time, is it feasible to use? I’m sure i need to replace some stuff, but is it even worth looking at? I may go back to his house later to dig it out and clean it up tomorrow.
Hi Shaun, Did you ever do anything with the Cornelius Compressor? Is there a lot of modifications needed? Is it worth it? I have a 32-R-800 with 2500PSI that I'm trying to sell and don't know what it's worth. Tested fine but still can't find one like it anywhere.

I never did, I figured by the time I did everything to it to make it safe enough to use I was probably better off just waiting and buying new

I never did, I figured by the time I did everything to it to make it safe enough to use I was probably better off just waiting and buying new
I have the same compressor and it works great. I added a in-line filter made by Coltre Sub that has a replaceable cartridge with carbon, desiccant and filtration. See from the pictures it fill my tank to 3000 psi in about an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_4721.jpeg
    IMG_4721.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4722.jpeg
    IMG_4722.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4723.jpeg
    IMG_4723.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 34
I have the same compressor and it works great. I added a in-line filter made by Coltre Sub that has a replaceable cartridge with carbon, desiccant and filtration. See from the pictures it fill my tank to 3000 psi in about an hour.
The other minor issue is most of my tanks are 3500 psi tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom