Coral Island Charters - WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Duffer

Contributor
Reaction score
This post was originally about a problem I had with a dive operator not refunding my money after they cancelled some dive trips.

They have been in touch and given me a satisfactory explanation and also offered a complimentary trip at a future date to try them out for myself and make amends.

They have done all they can to resolve the situation and were also extremely polite and friendly while doing so.

With that in mind, I have editted this thread to remove the complaint.

that is very slow for a refund.

btw, i tried their website, and it does not appear to be up. do you have a link
that works?

oops.. yup that works...

thanks!

i hope you don't mind i've emailed them and invited them to respond.

This op was recommended to me when I was going down the beginning of last March. I went with Pura Vida, and they were great! My first day was cancelled as well, (6-8 ft seas), but got out the next day (only 4-6 ft).

2+ months is definitely unacceptable. It's your money, they didn't/couldn't deliver, you have every right to be refunded in a reasonable amount of time.

H2Andy:
i hope you don't mind i've emailed them and invited them to respond.

Not at all, perhaps that is what made them so eager to resolve this situation. As I said, they have resolved this to my satisfaction.

You have a PM. I am currently going through the same "waiting game" with them. I would not recommend them to anyone for this one reason. As far as their boat and personnel go, it was great. But having to wait on your money because they cancelled a trip you HAD to pay for in advance. Very unnecessary. That has NEVER been an issue in any diving I've done the past 2 1/2 yrs up here (Tallahassee to Pensacola down to Crystal River).

FSUgly:
You have a PM. I am currently going through the same "waiting game" with them. I would not recommend them to anyone for this one reason. As far as their boat and personnel go, it was great. But having to wait on your money because they cancelled a trip you HAD to pay for in advance. Very unnecessary. That has NEVER been an issue in any diving I've done the past 2 1/2 yrs up here (Tallahassee to Pensacola down to Crystal River).

After 8+ weeks, the only refund I got was from Visa. I filed a claim for services not rendered and a fraudulant charge. Visa gave me the refund - not Coral Island Charters. Coral Island contacted me and were VERY apologetic. They claim the refund was processed after about 5 weeks - but something must have gone wrong. They were so apologetic and offered a free trip in the future as a sign of good faith - so - I deleted most of the scathing rant about them.

Looks like I wasn't the only one!!

I had the same problem with them. I had to go through the credit card company also 2 get my refund. I won't dive with them again. I like Pura Vida.

At Divers Direct one afternoon I asked about a couple of dive operators as to which one to take. Guess who they were? I was told not to take one, and to take the other. Pura Vida was the other. I took their advice and was very glad that I did. I did a 3 tank with lunch, and even when I was the only one to do the afternoon dive, they took me out. It was great. I dove 2 nice morning dives with about 6 people, had lunch with the captain and dive master, and then the divemaster and I did a great wreck dive alone in the afternoon. I highly recomend Pura Vida. I also heard many good things from many of you here on Scubaboard to add to the decision that the guys at Divers Direct pretty much made for me beforehand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom