Contest-What is your single(one) favorite dive spot?(so we can come up with a winner)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to say here in and around the Yucatan, since I decided to settle here for my later years in the industry. But as far as out there on the other side of the world...Tatawa Island off Komodo Island was loaded! And Langkoi Rock of the southern side of Komodo, always mantas!:wink: And the fastest (in speed), most exhilerating dive I had, which was in a 6-8knot current (gusting) with 70-80ft viz and very dramtic scenery and huge schools of this and that, mantas and mola-molas, was in Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida, a couple islands off the southeast coast of Bali. I even counted about seven different types of sharks there. You fly from one dive site to the other: Sakenan Point to Blue Corner. Talk about an incredible, action-packed ride! WooHOOO!!!:D

Blue Corner Divesite Nusa Penida - Bali Diving Nusa Penida Dive Sites

Sorry Guys...I have too many awesome sites to list..so I guess none of mine count since I can't make a decision, eh?:eyebrow: No site I have ever seen in the US, Caribe, Thailand or Malaysia could top that Nusa Penida/Lembongan, Indo dive!

I have to say Fish Market, Great Barrier Reef, Austrailia

But then again Trinity Caves, Grand Cayman was very nice too

But then Boulder City, Sewell, Alaska had a beautiful collection of sea stars, though at 46°F the water was a little cool

Stephen.

Who wins, the first person to post the spot or the spot? What do they win? Are you referring to a dive site (example Christmas Tree Caves on French Reef in Key Largo) or a location (example Key Largo)?

Without turning this into a thread of “I’ve been to so many sites all over the world, it’s hard to choose”, I’ll go back to the OP question, My favorite, single dive site.
Ell Cove, Kona, Hawaii – the manta’s were amazing!

Tulamben, Bali ... a wreck, a wall, and a reef all with easy shore access. An abundance of critters and corals. Heck, you don't even have to carry your own gear down the beach ... porters do that for you. And after the dive, a nice beachside massage ... all for less money than a 2-tank boat dive in most parts of the planet ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom